“Great second visit”
Review of Colesbourne Inn

Colesbourne Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Colesbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in between Christmas and New Year. What a Great second visit! Great food very reasonably priced, staff very attentive and the rooms very stylish as before. Landlord and landlady made us very welcome. We just love it. See you again in 2013. What more can be said!

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stop off here when we are passing. the food is super. we have NEVER had any Probs with the staff who have always gone out of there way to fit us in. we can even bring our dogs into the bar. The Boeuf Bourguignonne is one of the best I have had in this country. I think I may ask them to try and make Carbonnade of Beef, and see how thay do

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is emphatically a pub, but the rooms are modern and well equipped. The food is very good pub food (the breakfasts are excellent, by the way) served in a lively pub atmosphere, not a smart dining room. So if you're after a real British pub with superior rooms, this is your place. It is on the main(ish) road, but don't let that put you off.

Room Tip: The rooms are all on the road, but are well sound-proofed
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Oh, what a shame! My wife and I arrived ahead of our other four family members, ordered drinks and waited at the bar. To pass the time we picked up the "Christmas Menu" served throughout December. The landlord told us in a very brusque and accusing manner, "It's no use looking at that menu, it's not on today" (It did say 1st to 24th!) "It's all pre-booked". Not an auspicious start we thought, feeling somewhat guilty for having picked up the "wrong" menu. We ordered and enjoyed a satisfactory meal. One complaint only, our daughter's cheesecake was virtually tasteless and had none of the flavours described. At the end of the meal I went to the bar to pay and was asked if everything was ok. Yes the meal was fine but the cheesecake was not very good. (when doused with son's sticky toffee sauce it was edible). Landlord then proceeded to Inform me that it was Perfectly Alright. He is possibly the rudest and most unwelcoming person I have ever had the misfortune to be served by. He should kept where he belongs - behind the scenes. We will NOT be going back and we would advise you not to have your day spoiled by this curmudgeon. It seems that very polite feed-back is unwelcome!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Nigel W
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Staff were extremely rude, I didn't ever get to try their beer as they refused to serve my colleague and I as we arrived at 10:55pm. My colleague's car had broken down, and upon very politely explaining this to them as a reason for stopping by for last orders, they were extremely rude. They gave us some waffle about licensing laws, even though it wasn't time yet, and then in the same breath before we made any sort of comeback, proceeded to say that it wasn't as if we'd been there all night and that we'd only just walked in. If the person behind the bar left it at the licensing laws, it would have been a different matter, but the person's attitude and tone of voice was enough for the Colesbourne to be blacklisted for me. Especially when I heard that two other colleagues I was with at the time overheard them making nasty remarks about us after we'd stepped out of the building. If you want a few words of advice, here they are: DON'T GO TO THE COLESBOURNE!

Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Aggers90
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just returned from an overnight stay at The Colesbourne. Warm welcome, good food & beer and lovely room. Breakfast excellent. Only negative: light road traffic noise in room (but in fairness we are used to no traffic at home) We shall definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spotlessly clean, charming room with decent sized bathroom. Real coffee available in the room. Plenty of storage, full length mirror. The bar was warm, with real fires, and welcoming staff. We were a party of ten, and the staff coped well with the dinner service. The food was really good - I would really recommend this country Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colesbourne
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
The Battledown Bed and Breakfast
The Bradley
The Bradley
#3 of 69 in Cheltenham

Been to Colesbourne Inn? Share your experiences!