“Fluffiest. Chips. Ever.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kings Head Public House

Kings Head Public House
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Yoxford
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Sandy
“Fluffiest. Chips. Ever.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

While looking for somewhere to stop for lunch on our journey, we stumbled across the King's Head. As it was a sunny day we opted for an outside table, but on checking the dog was also allowed in the bar area and the staff were happy to provide him with a bowl of water.

Food arrived promptly and was piping hot. My husband had the cheeseburger which was very nicely presented and looked like a proper 'homemade' burger. It was evidently delicious. I opted for the stuffed mushroom with a side of chips. The mushroom was good, stuffed with balsamic onions and topped with goats cheese and served with a salad. The chips were the highlight though, a very generous portion (certainly enough to share) of huge chips, crispy on the outside and absurdly fluffy on the inside. Would advise chips to anyone visiting this pub!

Food and soft drinks for the two of us came in at around £18.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Halesworth
“Very Good Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We booked a table in this restaurant for 7.30 p.m. This was our wedding anniversary and we had heard some good reviews on the food. We arrived at 7 p.m. The pub was very busy as they had a party of 16 booked in and awaiting their food. The landlord did apologise and said that there would be a delay in our food arriving. We eventually got our starters at 8.20 - much too late for us to eat, but having said that the starters and mains were very good and nicely cooked. The menu was typical pub food with a blackboard of specials and fish specials also. We would go back and enjoyed the food. Sadly with eating our main course a 9.00 a.m. my husband and I were awake most of the night unable to digest the late supper. I think the next time we visit we will go for lunch. The staff were pleasant and the overall experience apart from the wait was a good one.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank JulieHall86
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Unable to stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were staying in the village so decided to walk to the pub for a meal. When we arrived the pub was abit busy with 3 free tables. I then noticed 2 had reserved on them. My husband asked if they were still serving food to which we were asked if we had booked, to which he said no. I then said we can sit here as there was no reserved on this table to which we were told that too was reserved and he was just about to put a sign on that!

I asked if there was any where else in the village and was told about a restaurant further in the village....

There was no offer of saying how about have a drink and a table may come free.... On leaving a family sitting by the door said they were about to leave but we felt so unwelcome we left!

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Andover, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I had a rib eye steak it was cooked to perfection and the portion size was generous. The staff were really friendly and they even recognised us from being in there earlier for a wake and asked if everything had been ok. This just proved what a nice place this is to visit. Would definitely go back if in the area

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great food great beer great reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were so pleased to find this place, do you know how hard it is to find somewhere to eat on a Monday afternoon in the country? My wife 2 children and I had been to southwold for the morning and were looking for a little country pub for a bite and a couple of decent beers, it was my wife's turn to drive. We happened apon the kings head in yoxford.
From the start we were happy, the sign read food and drink served all day.
We were served by a young guy who was really attentive and made a point of including the kids in the conversation, which is a nice change these days. He recommended a beer for me, something Taylor, which was lovely.
The menu is massive, all local stuff with some great pub classics and some more fancy stuff on the specials board.
I have to say the steak I ordered was cooked to perfection, I'm always scared of asking for a blue sirloin as its so often cooked wrong, but this was as it should be and seasoned so well.
Basically a great proper pub, with spot on service and food that you would pay much more for elsewhere. The beer is obviously well looked after and the guy behind the bar really knows his stuff (forgot to ask his name but he wears glasses).
We are in the area now for just under a week and will certainly be paying the kings head another visit before heading home.

• Visited July 2012