TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Estuary sup

Great time doing the estuary sup, Kevin and Joanne were great hosts, would recommend and will be... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
198bj
via mobile
Excellent adventure!!!

My two friends and I (Kelli,Susan) went with Kevin and Joanne to the Venado Estuary and went on an... read more

Reviewed August 18, 2019
Aaron B
Playa Junquillal, Costa Rica

All reviews paddle boarding stand up paddle board costa rica tranquil place mangrove forest pura vida having fun looking forward great tour joanne estuary wave ocean equipment activity instructor adventure
Selected filters
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Kevin and Joanne were wonderful hosts and made our family trip to the estuary memorable. They met us at our rental home and led us to the estuary while pointing out special places to stop along the way to eat or visit. Easy to book and well worth the price

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank lisaheaps
Reviewed December 20, 2016 via mobile

Kevin and Joanne are relaxed and so eager to share their passion for this sport and their love of Costa Rica. Very positive 1st experience

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed September 1, 2016

We had a great time with Kevin and Joanne paddle boarding! They were very knowledgeable and insightful about the area. Great quality equipment with the perfect boards for all sizes and adjustable paddles. It was a much easier sport than I anticipated, with Kevin’s instruction and Joanne’s strong spirit we were made to feel at ease on the boards and were off. The Junquillal Estuary was stunning and tranquilo, it was a perfect morning in the Mangroves. If you are in Costa Rica and have the chance to do a SUP tour, I highly recommend PLAYA NEGRA SUP WAVE RIDERS.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed August 29, 2016

I was super stoked to bring my mom on this tour since it was her first time every using a paddleboard. During our visit to costa rica I talked my mom into getting on a paddle board, and man did WE had a blast! We couldnt have asked for better people to be our guides. Kevin and Joanne are such great people, we felt like we have know them forever. The estuary was so nice. Very peaceful and we were able to see some of the wildlife out here. If your visiting playa negra solo or even with your family i would say you should definetly check it out. THank you Kevin and Joanne for great time!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 10, 2016

Thank you Kevin and Joanne for your patience with my first time as a "Stand Up Paddle Boarder". I did not grow up near an ocean so I hesitate when doing ocean activities. You both had great knowledge of the area ( beaches of Playa Negra), knowledge of the oceans behaviour ( tide in and out), expertise of the sport itself ( giving a beginner a wider board) and your relaxed demeanor, so that I felt comfortable and relaxed. I would not hesitate in recommending you both to others. Your prices were great, you had flexible hours that fit in with my holiday schedule and you answered any odd questions that I had about the sport and Costa Rica. You will definitely see me and my family again.

Date of experience: July 2016