Review Highlights
serene estuary SUP tour

While staying at a beachfront hotel in Playa Negra, my husband (a skilled surfer) and I decided to... read more

Reviewed November 24, 2020
Ondine C
Boynton Beach, Florida
An unexpected biodiversity lesson

This was my first time paddle boarding and Kevin did a great job preparing me. All I had to do was... read more

Reviewed March 15, 2020
amslamm
Denver, Colorado

All reviews paddle boarding wave riding costa rica stand up paddle board pata negra pura vida having fun great teacher his wife joanne estuary ocean wildlife mangroves lesson adventure tide
Selected filters
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Kevin and Joanne were wonderful hosts and made our family trip to the estuary memorable. They met us at our rental home and led us to the estuary while pointing out special places to stop along the way to eat or visit. Easy to book and well worth the price

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank lisaheaps
Reviewed December 21, 2016 via mobile

Kevin and Joanne are relaxed and so eager to share their passion for this sport and their love of Costa Rica. Very positive 1st experience

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed September 1, 2016

We had a great time with Kevin and Joanne paddle boarding! They were very knowledgeable and insightful about the area. Great quality equipment with the perfect boards for all sizes and adjustable paddles. It was a much easier sport than I anticipated, with Kevin’s instruction and Joanne’s strong spirit we were made to feel at ease on the boards and were off. The Junquillal Estuary was stunning and tranquilo, it was a perfect morning in the Mangroves. If you are in Costa Rica and have the chance to do a SUP tour, I highly recommend PLAYA NEGRA SUP WAVE RIDERS.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed August 29, 2016

I was super stoked to bring my mom on this tour since it was her first time every using a paddleboard. During our visit to costa rica I talked my mom into getting on a paddle board, and man did WE had a blast! We couldnt have asked for better people to be our guides. Kevin and Joanne are such great people, we felt like we have know them forever. The estuary was so nice. Very peaceful and we were able to see some of the wildlife out here. If your visiting playa negra solo or even with your family i would say you should definetly check it out. THank you Kevin and Joanne for great time!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 10, 2016

Thank you Kevin and Joanne for your patience with my first time as a "Stand Up Paddle Boarder". I did not grow up near an ocean so I hesitate when doing ocean activities. You both had great knowledge of the area ( beaches of Playa Negra), knowledge of the oceans behaviour ( tide in and out), expertise of the sport itself ( giving a beginner a wider board) and your relaxed demeanor, so that I felt comfortable and relaxed. I would not hesitate in recommending you both to others. Your prices were great, you had flexible hours that fit in with my holiday schedule and you answered any odd questions that I had about the sport and Costa Rica. You will definitely see me and my family again.

Date of experience: July 2016