“Wow...nice place...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Negra
Los Nancites Cabinas / Villas
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is definitely the nicest place within walking distance of Playa Negra (other than the hotel on the beach). Small pool for cooling off, beautiful landscaping, nice clean room with full kitchen. Patio had a hammock and table and chairs in the shade. Bed was nice, but bedding was dated. Owners very nice and helpful, especially if you speak French. I had a very nice stay. My friends up the road in a rental home were jealous. No meals included, but you have a full kitchen, so cook your own and enjoy the warm weather. Los Pargos is a short walk up the road with organic market and other amenities. Not the best place for children, as the entire theme is serenity and peace and quiet. Great for couples or solos needing some down time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We really liked this place and highl reccomend it . It's new, clean nice landscaping, etc. Etc. Etc. But if you see tons and tons of good reviews for this place it's cause they keep asking their excustomers to write them a nice review. Okay. My obligation is finished.

Room Tip: One kilometer south of playa Negra on your left. look for the uphill drive.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sylvaindemercastel, Propriétaire at Los Nancites Cabinas / Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Tom.
Thank you for taking the time to write about Los Nancites.
Also thank you for mentioning how much you liked the place.
I wish to apologize to you regarding the fact that I sent you two messages through trip advisor, in order to ask for your comments.
It is very important for us to know what people think of our place and it seems also important for other customers to read multiple advices. We realy look for true comments written by real customers. This is why I asked for it by mail. It is the first time I send those messages with the trip advisor tool and I might have done it two times by mistake (or because I wanted to send it in different languages) Honest mistake.
I still believe that people write about us not only because we ask them for, but because they had a pleasant vacation here. I do believe that you had a good time with us and it was a pleasure to chatt with you during your vacation.
Anyhow if this is the only thing wrong about los nancites, it will be easy to optimize.
Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Looking forward to seeing you again at Los Nancites.

Sylvain

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place and trip will remain such a good souvenir.
Very friendly people welcome you in a calm and beautiful environment. Little houses are very clean and practical.
Close enough from the beach where surfers of all kind of level can have fun.
Definitely an easy trip, just waiting to go back there ;-)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thanx for your nice comment Pierre.
It is true that surfers from beginners to professionals can always find something here.
And when the waves are not good, we can help and suggest different activities, from horseback riding, hiking, visiting national parcs and much more.
I'm glad to read that you want to come back soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a wonderful time at Los Nancites. We rented casa "quebrada" a cute 2 bedroom house that had everything we could possibly need. My family and I stayed a week and loved it. We were so comfortable in the house, not to mention the beautiful gardens surrounding the place- tremendous care goes into the gardens. There is also a sparkling pool, monkeys in the trees and oh so quiet. Although the owners were out of town while we were there, the caretakers took great care of us. We would return without a doubt. Playa Negra is a beautiful beach about a 10 min walk. Also, there is a mini super just down the road. We would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a peaceful getaway!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Los Nancites was the perfect spot for my wife and I and our 15 month old son. It was clean, quit, affordable, and just a short distance from the beach (we had a car). The owners and care takers were all wonderful people. They were very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again. The only issue we had with Playa Negra in general is that most every place only takes cash. The nearest ATM is about 35 minutes away in Santa Cruz, so come prepared to pay for lodging with cash.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Frank P
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Los Nancites was quiet little place with 4 or 5 cabins and the Owners (a french couple) were very nice and helpful. The place was located just a few minutes drive from Playa Negra beach, and about 30 to 45 mins outside of Tamarindo, on a dirt road with not much around it. The room had a big bed (queen size?), refrigerator, and other basic necessities. It was a great price for the quality and location. I would definitely stay there again and anyone looking for a quiet little place to stay.

When we arrived at the airport in San Jose the airline had lost my bag. The airline contacted the Owners of the hotel and a day later my bag was waiting for me at the hotel. The only small problem I had was sending the original deposit to book the room. Even the though money never made it the Owners reserved the room and there was no hassle.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed January 30, 2012

When you arrive at Los Nancites, you can enjoy the environment whit the trees the sound of monkeys and birds, you feel that you are in the forest. But you fell also in security whit the gate and the gards 24 hours. You can enjoy the pool who is clean up every day. 10 minutes walking from the beach (Playa Negra, what a beautiful beach) 5 minutes walking from Mary's Place a very good restaurant where you can eat Fresh Tuna Steak for only 15$. It is so nice to stay at Los Nancites for all these points but the best souvenir i will remember is the owners.
Christian , Annie and Sylvain DEMERcastel thanks for your help, your smiles and for making us feeling great!!!

Nicolas