“Pleasant surprise”

Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Playa Negra
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We got back to Playa Negra late one night after a tour in Rincon de la Vieja. After showering and getting ready for dinner we showed up at the place and were told that EVERYTHING closes at 9pm!!! I was ok but the girls in our group were about ready to go absolutely insane. I was told that we could try Villa Deveena and when I heard the lady who was calling them to check say the name Dean, I knew it was the nice guy who had given me a ride in his pickup truck to the liquor store a couple days before. I asked her to put me on the phone and Dean assured me that he could accommodate my group of 6. The setting of the restaurant is very nicely decorated and classy. Its partially open air but there is a roof so if it is raining you will not get wet. The menu was incredible and Dean let us know what he had fresh. I wanted to try everything. We all got different dishes and everyone absolutely loved what they had. Everyone in my group agreed that this was by far the best meal we had on our week long trip. Thank you Dean I cant wait to be back at Playa Negra.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Food is fresh with a bit of a french twist. My husband and 2 children really enjoyed the food and for the kids to say it was delicious well, then you know it is. My husband travels all over the world and, he claims it's the best place he has eaten at (5 Stars). Family run business, service was excellent. Location in the middle of nowhere. The GPS put us on the monkey road..what an event and thank goodness for 4 wheel drive. There is a better.. way just ask for directions. We would go back hands down!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Fabulous! After three prior visits, the fourth put Deevena at a true 5 stars for me. It is our favorite. Service and Style are top notch and the Owner/Chef Patrick is hard to top. His dishes combine tradition and imagination, creating perfection!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

5-Star experience with an incredible wine list and succulent food choices. The chef's creations were mouthwatering delicious and the atmosphere was very romantic. My wife and I look forward to returning.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Just wanted to say that we recently had our wedding down in Costa Rica and it was catered by the Villa Deevena team. We found this little spot in paradise on our first trip to Costa Rica in 2012. Villa Deevena was one of the reasons we decided to get married in Costa Rica.

From the planning to the execution the Villa Deevena team was nothing but perfect. Our guests were blown away by Chef Patrick and his team and not only was the food excellent but the service as well. These are some of the best people we've met in Costa Rica and will definitely be staying with them again!

Additionally, this time we were able to stay at Villa Deevena for a couple of nights. It is a very good value and access to the restaurant on a nightly basis was awesome. Staff is friendly and they treat you like their family while you stay there. Please go and visit, you will surely be as impressed as we were!