“Suzanne & David”
Review of The Blue Pigeons

The Blue Pigeons
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Worth
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay the owners Emma and Rob were really welcoming hosts, we had a garden room which was clean and well designed with everything we needed. We had a two night stay and ate in the restaurant both nights the food was delicious and the service was excellent. Would certainly return to this delightful hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
EJHutson, Manager at The Blue Pigeons, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Suzanne & David,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We enjoyed having you both as our guests and w3e are so glad you chose the blue pigeons for your weekend away!

We hope to see you back sometime!

Best wishes from all the staff and family.

X

Reviewed February 18, 2013

After being let down by another hotel double booking us we were pleasantly surprised when we walked through the door at the Blue pigeons. We were greeted by Emma who couldn't be friendlier. Our room was a tiny bit on the small side but it was the only room available. Room was very clean with everything you would ask for.
The food and service was exceptional, could not fault it. All the staff bent over backwards to make our 2 night stay as pleasant as possible.
We would definitely stay there again.
Thanks again for a lovely weekend to all the staff.
Lee & Maggie

• Stayed: February 2013
EJHutson, Manager at The Blue Pigeons, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Lee & Maggie, Thank you so much for the taking the time to post a review and for your lovely feedback! The other hotel's loss was definitely our gain as you were both a pleasure to look after and we were glad we could make up for the bad start to your weekend! Hopefully if you venture down this way again we'll see you both again! Kind regards, Emma & Rob

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We made a last minute booking and as soon as we arrived we were made to feel so welcome. Had a drink at the bar first then were shown to our lovely garden room. Enjoyed a first class dinner in the restaurant and after a drink in another part of the very tastefully decorated seated area of the bar we went to our room. Lovely comfy bed with clean and good linen and towels. Had a delicious freshly made breakfast before we left. Highly recommend!
Beautifully decorated and first class hotel!

Room Tip: The garden room was secluded but near to the main building. Recommend!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet N

Thank you so much for your positive review and we're so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us!! Hopefully we will get the chance to welcome you back should you visit the area again in the future! Kind regards, Emma

Reviewed December 13, 2012

What a lovely surprise to find this charming little gem in Worth! Worth is a lovely village in Kent, with a beautiful church but I never expected that there would be a B&B as classy as the Blue Pigeons. When I arrived there was a dining room chock full of merry makers - some kind of a business group having a fine old time celebrating Christmas. The bar had a few people relaxing in it and I enjoyed a nice glass of wine and did a bit of reading. Later I ordered some chips and salad and enjoyed the freshness of the salad and the crunch of the chips. I stayed in room 3 which is a double bed with a walk in shower. I couldn't have asked for more. It is beautifully decorated with thoughtful touches of reading lamps, hot beverage set up, big fluffy towels, a big tv and a cosy, warm bed. Even though there were people still at the bar, my room was quiet. In the morning I had my in room cuppa and headed down to a plentiful cooked breakfast made by Rob, who with his effervescent wife, Emma, run the Blue Pigeons.
I especially appreciated their attention to me as a single woman travelling, they went out of their way to treat me like family.
I'll be back!

Room Tip: Room 3 overlooks the back of the B&B and is quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Kathy P

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Blue Pigeons! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay here and left such positive feedback for us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Kind regards, Emma & Rob

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I arrived at The Blue Pigeons from Cardiff in not the best of moods thanks to a terrible journey; however the atmosphere, stunning decor and great welcome and service from the staff was the perfect medicine and my terrible journey was soon forgotten.
It's modern yet cultured and is situated in a lovely, quaint village which is perfect if you want a bit of peace and quiet but also close to local towns and Canterbury for those who want to add some nightlife into the mix.
Would highly recommend and the next time I visit Kent, I know where i'll be staying. thanks again Blue Pigeons

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
EJHutson, Manager at The Blue Pigeons, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! Very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again when you next visit this area!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Due to an administrative error at The Blazing Donkey we arrived apprehensively at The Blue Pigeons at 10 pm on a cold damp evening. What a fantastic welcome and the best weekend we could have hoped for. Great room, very clean and tidy. Excellent food, both breakfast and evening meal; homemade and using local produce. Staff friendly and attentive. Will highly recommend it to all our friends and hope to revisit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review! We're so pleased you enjoyed both your stay and the food here at The Blue Pigeons. We are also extremely happy to hear you will be recommending us as this is the best form of advertising! Hope to see you both on your next visit to Kent.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Blue Pigeons was made known to me by the company I work for who use it to host collegues and clients. I decided to visit for myself upon recommendation of said colleagues and was so impressed. The decor is beautiful- not your typical pub, as soon as you arrive you are met with charm and class- lovely hanging baskets outside and an immaculate front area. Parking is so convenient- just beside the pub. The staff are fantastic tending to your every need. On my first visit I ordered a Pimms but they had a lack of ice so gave me my Pimms free of charge! I was so impressed by their consideration that Pimms is a drink that needs ice and that they went beyond what was needed. The outside area is a real sun trap, me and my boyfriend were able to sit outside in late september!! The toilets are the nicest pub toilets I have ever seen/used- another tick for that. The nachos, "the best nachos I've ever tasted" said my dad who I took (but he paid!) this weekend. My BLT was delicious and beautifully presented with lovely fresh salad and perfect amout of chips. My sisters kids meal was the perfect kids meal for a 13 year old who can't manage an adults portion. Lovely chicken goujons (not nuggets- hooray! - she even said "it was proper chicken!") so my usually fussy sister ate the whole lot (Goujons, chips and beans) which is unheard of! Perfect portion size and great choice of kids meals (as well as adult meals!) Very reasonable too- kids get 2 courses for about £7 so she chose the chocolate brownie for dessert which was AMAZING. All in all I am so pleased that this hidden gem was made to me through work and I am having great pleasure spreading the word to my family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
EJHutson, Manager at The Blue Pigeons, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to get feedback and to hear you appreciated both the food and your surroundings! Word of mouth advertising is the best form and it's great to hear you'll be recommending us!! Thanks for visiting The Pigeons and hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Worth
The Bell Hotel
Best Western Plus Burlington Hotel
Royal Harbour Hotel
Royal Harbour Hotel
#5 of 10 in Ramsgate

Been to The Blue Pigeons? Share your experiences!