“Chilling in Worth”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Worth
London, England, United Kingdom
“Chilling in Worth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

What a lovely surprise to find this charming little gem in Worth! Worth is a lovely village in Kent, with a beautiful church but I never expected that there would be a B&B as classy as the Blue Pigeons. When I arrived there was a dining room chock full of merry makers - some kind of a business group having a fine old time celebrating Christmas. The bar had a few people relaxing in it and I enjoyed a nice glass of wine and did a bit of reading. Later I ordered some chips and salad and enjoyed the freshness of the salad and the crunch of the chips. I stayed in room 3 which is a double bed with a walk in shower. I couldn't have asked for more. It is beautifully decorated with thoughtful touches of reading lamps, hot beverage set up, big fluffy towels, a big tv and a cosy, warm bed. Even though there were people still at the bar, my room was quiet. In the morning I had my in room cuppa and headed down to a plentiful cooked breakfast made by Rob, who with his effervescent wife, Emma, run the Blue Pigeons.
I especially appreciated their attention to me as a single woman travelling, they went out of their way to treat me like family.
I'll be back!

Room Tip: Room 3 overlooks the back of the B&B and is quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Kathy P
EJHutson, Manager at The Blue Pigeons, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Blue Pigeons! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay here and left such positive feedback for us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Kind regards, Emma & Rob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I arrived at The Blue Pigeons from Cardiff in not the best of moods thanks to a terrible journey; however the atmosphere, stunning decor and great welcome and service from the staff was the perfect medicine and my terrible journey was soon forgotten.
It's modern yet cultured and is situated in a lovely, quaint village which is perfect if you want a bit of peace and quiet but also close to local towns and Canterbury for those who want to add some nightlife into the mix.
Would highly recommend and the next time I visit Kent, I know where i'll be staying. thanks again Blue Pigeons

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
EJHutson, Manager at The Blue Pigeons, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! Very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again when you next visit this area!
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Due to an administrative error at The Blazing Donkey we arrived apprehensively at The Blue Pigeons at 10 pm on a cold damp evening. What a fantastic welcome and the best weekend we could have hoped for. Great room, very clean and tidy. Excellent food, both breakfast and evening meal; homemade and using local produce. Staff friendly and attentive. Will highly recommend it to all our friends and hope to revisit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review! We're so pleased you enjoyed both your stay and the food here at The Blue Pigeons. We are also extremely happy to hear you will be recommending us as this is the best form of advertising! Hope to see you both on your next visit to Kent.
southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Blue Pigeons was made known to me by the company I work for who use it to host collegues and clients. I decided to visit for myself upon recommendation of said colleagues and was so impressed. The decor is beautiful- not your typical pub, as soon as you arrive you are met with charm and class- lovely hanging baskets outside and an immaculate front area. Parking is so convenient- just beside the pub. The staff are fantastic tending to your every need. On my first visit I ordered a Pimms but they had a lack of ice so gave me my Pimms free of charge! I was so impressed by their consideration that Pimms is a drink that needs ice and that they went beyond what was needed. The outside area is a real sun trap, me and my boyfriend were able to sit outside in late september!! The toilets are the nicest pub toilets I have ever seen/used- another tick for that. The nachos, "the best nachos I've ever tasted" said my dad who I took (but he paid!) this weekend. My BLT was delicious and beautifully presented with lovely fresh salad and perfect amout of chips. My sisters kids meal was the perfect kids meal for a 13 year old who can't manage an adults portion. Lovely chicken goujons (not nuggets- hooray! - she even said "it was proper chicken!") so my usually fussy sister ate the whole lot (Goujons, chips and beans) which is unheard of! Perfect portion size and great choice of kids meals (as well as adult meals!) Very reasonable too- kids get 2 courses for about £7 so she chose the chocolate brownie for dessert which was AMAZING. All in all I am so pleased that this hidden gem was made to me through work and I am having great pleasure spreading the word to my family and friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
EJHutson, Manager at The Blue Pigeons, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to get feedback and to hear you appreciated both the food and your surroundings! Word of mouth advertising is the best form and it's great to hear you'll be recommending us!! Thanks for visiting The Pigeons and hope to see you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

My partner and I had decided to take a long deserved weekend away and we were recommended to the blue pigeons in Worth as friends had told us it had a new owner and a complete refurbishment, which I have to say is so Chic and beautiful.

Our stay was amazing, the management had upgrade us to the honeymoon suite upon arrival which was a huge surprise, and the room was just simply beautiful the four poster bed was the most comfortable sleep I have had in a long time , The room itself had a lot of thought and attention to detail lots of lovely soft furnishing's , and being a clean freak myself I could not find a single fault in the room,or a scrap of dirt ( and I would see it if there were ) the bathroom was just lusha tiny bit of heaven,big white fluffy robe and lovely products were available for your use.
The kitchen was not as yet officially open when we stayed, however we had a great breakfast a superb choice was available, and all fresh local produce was used ( big Fan) The staff are great, very helpful and professional Emma the manager was just lovely .

We were lucky enough to choose an amazing weekend of weather and spent most of our stay in the spectacular garden drinking champagne .

I would highly recommend this lovely boutique hotel to everyone

We have booked for next year already in case the word has spread.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
EJHutson, Manager at The Blue Pigeons, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Blue Pigeons. We loved having you stay here with us and are so pleased you enjoyed your upgrade! Thank you also for my shout out :) I do try my best in making every guest feel welcome and am glad I could help in making your stay here one to remember. We hope to see you both again in the near future. Kind regards, Emma
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I am in the Sandwich area for the next three weeks for work reasons and due to The Bell being booked out we were referred to the Blue Pigeons Hotel and its has been a god send. It ticks every box possible and the local people couldn't of been friendlier. Both Emma , Robert and their staff have made our first week very pleasent and enjoyable to the extent we are all ready looking forward to the next two weeks. I would highly recommend The Blue Pigeons to anyone looking to stay in the Worth and surrounding areas , as I am sure they will love there stay. Also I got to mention the food as we dined there most nights during our first week and were never disappointed , breakfast is perfection and just a idea of the lenghts the staff of The Blue Pigeons are willing to go to insure you enjoy your stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
EJHutson, Manager at The Blue Pigeons, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments!! Both you and Bridget are a pleasure to look after and I'm glad you are enjoying your stay here with us - we will make sure that you find the next 2 weeks as good as the first!
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I were referred to The Blue Pigeons Hotel by The Blazing Donkey, because of an administrative error last Friday 7-9-2012. We were quite deflated because of the mishap that we had just endured due to the fact that we were were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Rob and Emma Hutson became the harbingers of change for us. Upon arriving at the The Blue Pigeon, the building itself was impressively non pubish with an inviting allure to it. We were met and greeted by the couple and ushered into the Honeymoon Suite which blow our minds. The room was beautiful, newly refurbished with state -of -the-heart amenities. We enjoyed our weekend tremendously. The hospitality we experienced from the Hutson's was warm, familiar and fresh. The room was the jewel in the crown of The Blue Pigeons. The restaurant was beautifully rustic with a twist. The breakfast was heavenly. The garden boasted its own character of quiet sublimity. Do go to The Blue Pigeon where you will have a warm smile and a most memorable stay. We promised to treat ourselves again to a splendid stay ever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
EJHutson, Manager at The Blue Pigeons, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely review! It was really good to meet you both and we're very happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at The Blue Pigeons! We hope you can escape London again soon and come down to stay with us for another relaxing weekend! :) Kind regards, Emma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worth
The Bell Hotel
#1 of 12 in Margate
Pegwell Bay Hotel
Pegwell Bay Hotel
#4 of 9 in Ramsgate

Been to The Blue Pigeons? Share your experiences!