“A reason to come to Favara”
Review of Le Traveggole

Le Traveggole
Reserve with
Le Traveggole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Favara
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
new york
“A reason to come to Favara”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

There is not much to see or do in Favara. Before leaving for our trip to Sicily I copied a bunch of places to eat in Agrigento and its province to eat and this one was one of them and we were glad. We arrived after driving in circles even with a gps! The restaurant seemed closed on a Monday and my stomach almost churned because we came out of our way to eat here and it was already late. We knocked and they informed us that they weren’t closed and they warmly invited us in.

They realized that we were foreigners and asked us how we found out about this restaurant and I informed them through Tripadvisor and they then rolled out the red carpet for us!
The restaurant does not belong in Favara, it should be in a hip and trendy city like New York or Milan, not even in Agrigento. When we sat down, we received an English menu which shocked me because it this area of Sicily it is hard to find. My husband ordered an octopus and raw cod/baccala and I got a house special appetizers with all local products, like cheese, meats, and pistachios. The owner decided to give us on the house two glasses of prosecco and locally grown toasted almonds. Then he brought out an order of homemade bruscetta with caponata. Then we ordered both for main course pasta. My husband ordered homemade pasta with ricci and I ordered homemade pasta with shrimp and pesto pistachios. Then we were full from the meal and decided not to order a dessert but the owner once again served each of us a homemade pistachios cake, with homemade chocolate and cannoli shell all on the house.
Everything was AMAZING. My husband never says he loves food, but this place he said was hands down one of his favorite experiences. He said the raw cod was so fresh and amazing(he has had sushi in Japan’s famous Tokyo fish market and said this one was even fresher and better) It was hands down the best meal we had on our 12 day trip in Sicily.
For the price it was very inexpensive for the quality of food and service. I informed all my relatives who live in the area of Agrigento prov, they must eat here and even gave out business cards. They couldn’t believe such a hip and trendy restaurant even existed in Favara, let alone in Agrigento. I would def recd this restaurant if you are in the area. I would def go back.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank occhi21

“Really nice experience but...”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

What is a nice place like this doing in a city like that!!!the only reason we found this place is because we were sleeping in the attached hotel. If you visit valley of temples have your lunch or dinner here. Prices very low if you take the quality into consideration.

2 Thank Merete H
south wales uk
“fantastic food”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

gorgous restaurant with excellent food & good service.7 of us ate 7 different meals and we were all very happy with our choices.

Visited June 2012