“Truly Extraordinary in Every Way”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taiharuru
The Guesthouse at Taiharuru Farms Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Taiharuru B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed what became our "second honeymoon" when we stayed at Taiharuru Farms Lodge while commissioning our beautiful NZ built sailboat nearby. Not only were the accommodations beyond our expectations, the setting, the views and the flora and fauna were nothing short of spectacular. More importantly, the hosts of this spectacular guest home are truly exceptional Kiwi's who have become our great friends. We so loved our experience at Taiharuru Farms and in NZ that we took our family of six back to NZ during the Christmas holidays. We live in one of the garden spots of the world in Newport Beach, California and enjoy spectacular resorts such as the Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton or Montage on our coastline. My wife and I kept saying that we felt as though we were staying at one of these fine resorts except that we had the whole place to ourselves including our own private jewel of a cove with killer whales patroling and best yet, we had the opportunity to get to know an amazing host couple who became fast friends. We are fortunate to have traveled the world and Taiharuru Farms Lodge is among the fondest memories of our 20 years together. I completely agree with the other reviewers and can honestly and without reservation recommend this special place in the world for either couples or families. NZ is perhaps the friendliest place on earth with wonderful peoples of extraordinary history and a natural beauty in the land that makes one reminisce about what California was like 100 years ago. We will most certainly find ourselves back in the arms of Taiharuru Farms again! Edward C

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful and set up great for families or couples alike.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 17, 2011

The Guest house was very well presented when we did the booking, however once you are there it's just breathtaking! The icing on the cake was the sighting of hunting orcas right from the breakfast table out in the bay.
This extraordinary stay with all the many things we could do and see together with the warmest hospitality will be one of our top highlights on our 2,5 months trip in NZ.
We hope Raewyn and Grant will further enjoy having guests, which thoroughly do appreciate the value of this outstanding little paradise.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Our family of four has just returned from our second holiday at Taiharuru Farms Lodge and already we want to return. The house has everything you could want and more, the views are breathtaking and the hospitality extended by the owners friendly and welcoming. It had been our intention to take some day trips but there was so much to do at the lodge - kayaking in the idyllic cove (in kayaks provided free of charge by our hosts), bushwalking, clambering over the rocks and exploring nearby beaches - that we ended up just not wanting to travel further afield.

A perfect holiday. I'm sure we'll be back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Craig H
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here in May. What a hidden gem. He planned the weekend away and I was continuously surprised by how absolutely perfect everything was at this lodge. The hostess was so welcoming and delightful, we felt immediately at home. The amenities were beyond what any 5-star hotel could provide and the scenery is some of the most spectacular in the world -- best part is, you don't even have to leave your house, with your private beach and kayaks, big grill, and cozy fireplace, to name a few. Dinner on the back deck is the perfect night. We went up to the Bay of Islands on a day trip and frankly, our backyard was prettier in our opinion! It was great for a romantic weekend, but would be a BLAST with a group. We couldn't recommend it enough and will be back there with friends/family as soon as we can!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed at Taiharuru with my family. It is the most magical place. The accommodation is perfect, very top notch, spotless, more than comfortable it's devine. Everything is in the Lodge that you would ever need. The views are simply breathtaking, the area is peaceful, but plenty to do it you want to. My boys went out to listen to kiwi in the evening and I was bowled over by seeing Orcas from the bedroom window!! It really is a home from home, but my home does not have such spectacular views. One day I will return.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

You know that disappointment when you look for a place to stay you look at the pictures, look at the reviews and think - ok - looks good, sounds good then you get there and it doesn't quite live up to the pictures or the reviews? Well that just isn't the case with Taiharuru Farms Lodge. I guarantee you will stand on the back decking and just be in awe of the view. Then when you have breakfast outside on the decking in the morning, dolphin spotting, (or if you are really lucky Orca/Killer Whale spotting) you will have to pinch yourself. The pictures shown here are pretty impressive, but the reality is just something else. It is truly stunning and a very, very special place.

The lodge itself has everything you would ever need including fully equipped kitchen, built-in BBQ, log burning stove (for Winter visitors), washing machine etc It is beautifully decorated and furnished and you will want for nothing. The owners, Raewyn and Grant, are lovely and will help make your stay even more special.

A short stroll from the lodge down to the mostly rocky private beach gives you access to the sea and your key to the beach house ("The Ritz") allows use of kayaks with full safety gear. Just remember you have to go back up the hill afterwards!

If you like the odd bit of fishing (as I do!) then a short walk/clamber to the right of the beach at low tide (good footwear required) provides access to fishing the like of which just isn't available anywhere else I have travelled. Most days enough snapper for the BBQ or kitchen was caught within an hour or so!

I would love to go back but as we're in the UK with the eldest now at school.....one day.

N.B. We stayed at Taiharuru Farms Lodge for over 3 weeks in March 2009 (dates I couldn't choose above) - I hadn't really used Trip Advisor much or I would have posted a review before - it would be a shame not to share how I feel about the lodge with others!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank davewaters

Been to The Guesthouse at Taiharuru Farms Lodge? Share your experiences!