“A Glorious Piece of Yorkshire”
Review of The Grange

The Grange
Ranked #1 of 2 Normanton B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My deepest thanks to Sarah and Stewart for making a home away from home. This B&B is better than 4 and 5 star hotels I have stayed in. The accommodation is spotless, the rooms comfortable and the en-suite shower/bathroom modern and super clean. The 'power shower' was luxurious! Sarah's cooking was delicious and very filling. I couldn't think of a better place to stay. With easy access to Leeds and York it is in a great location. I could go further but suffice to say this is the place to come to!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This has got to be one of the best b & b's I've ever stayed in! The room was gorgeous - really pretty. The bed was comfortable and the en suite was spotless. The house & the garden were delightful. The breakfast was delicious & loads of it :) The lounge was a lovely room to relax in, I could have stayed there all day just reading & enjoying the peace & quiet. Sarah was a lovely host..... I will be more than happy to stay there next time I am in the area x

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I and my friend Helen stayed at the Grange as we were competing in a quiz. We were with two other friends.
Fantastic welcome. The rooms were gorgeous. I invited my daughter over for the second night and we shared a triple room . I asked if we could eat there in the evening and Sarah and Stuart conjured up a wonderful Italian 3 course dinner. My other friends had gone to a restaurent and I believe they wished that they had stayed in with us. We spent the rest of the evening in the comfortable lounge watching DVDs from the massive selection.
Breakfast was excellent and we will be definately staying again .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My sisters and mom were here to visit a friend, and the location was perfect. Sarah and Stuart were very helpful in all ways. The house itself was very beautiful, and the garden was one of the most delightful we have seen. Everything about the food was delicious, and we enjoyed it greatly (wish we could have taken some back with us to the US) In summation: Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!!! Delightful host and hostess!!! Food was delicious!!! Wonderful service!!!! And everything about it was marvelous!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We recently stayed here for one night while visiting a friend who lives in the area. The Grange was perfect, a clean and comfortable place to stay which felt like home. There is a nice lounge area to relax in which meant that we weren't stuck in our room or feeling that we were intruding in the family house. Sarah and her husband were very helpful, it really couldn't have been better. We'll most definitely stay here again when we're up that way and in need of a place to stay. Recommended without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

We spent two nights with our 16month old little boy and they could not have made us feel more welcome, they were so helpful and Finlay had a lovely collection of toys to play with at breakfast ( along with a high chair and own bowl) the breakfast was amazing as so flexible with the times and choice was great. Finlay enjoyed splashing about in the monster bath and even though the bathroom was seperate ( but our private one) we never meet anyone on the way to the bathroom and felt like an ensuite. The room was lovely and we all got a good night sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Both myself and my partner stayed at the Grange recently and found it had everything you could ask for....
Excellent staff and the hosts are amazing, Beautiful surroundings, Clean, Excellent price and a wonderful overall atmosphere. The next time we are visiting family there is only 1 place we will look at... The Grange!!

Katie&Nick

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Grange? Share your experiences!