There are two very good things about the Podgoski An. First, it's in an ideal position for touring the region. For instance you can get to
1. Kolesino Falls, (a beauty spot celebrated all over Macedonia), only a mile or two away
2. The ancient Monastery of the Holy Mother of God, Eleusa (in Veljusa) and the Monastery of St Leontius (in Vodocha)
3. Mount Belasica, for pristine nature
4. Monospitovo Blato, an area of wetland and a nature reserve (plants, insects, birds...), with long jetty-like viewing platforms
Not to mention Banjsko (Roman ruins), Strumica itself, other monasteries.....
(This is also a major wine-producing area - Macedonian wine is excellent - and it may be possible to arrange a visit to a winery.)
Second, the owners' home-made "ajvar" (a Macedonian relish, made mostly of red peppers) is probably the best in the country.
They make a very good rakiya too.
The rooms are simple but perfectly adequate. Mine had a big, west-facing balcony. Prices very reasonable.
You can check your email on the computer in the bar.
The owners speak French (also a little English, I think)
If you want to leave early in the morning, let them know the night before, so that somebody can be around to make you a coffee, say good-bye, point you in the right direction, etc.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Podgoski An reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.