“Bring your own linen” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven

Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven
“Bring your own linen”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Five adults stayed at Seton a Sands Holiday Village for a week, the caravan was advertised as able to sleep 8, in reality it was set up for 4. Small dining table seated 4 people, others had to sit on the couches.
Even though there were 3 bedrooms, the rooms were so tiny, only kids would have been comfortable in 2 of them. They would have been better set up with bunk beds to give more room.
The main bedroom had about 6 inches of room between the bed and the wall on one side and it was easier to climb over than to try and sidle your way around. One quite flat pillow per bed made the stay rather uncomfortable.
We had one bathroom with toilet and another toilet in the caravan.
There was no toilet paper supplied.
Travelling from overseas, we do not carry our own towels, therefore when we arrived and found no linen was supplied, we had to hire towels at a cost of £20. We had to buy a sponge and a tea towel for the dishes.
To get to the amenities, restaurant, reception, etc, involved a ten minute walk. There was a laundrette, small Spar shop and a takeaway another 5 minute walk away.
The laundrette had 2 washing machines and dryers and cost about 4 times as much to use as anywhere else.
A bus departed from the front of the park and took us into Edinburgh, trip took about an hour and was quite tiring.
Overall, even though the accommodation was reasonably priced due to booking done months prior, it is not a place I would voluntarily stay at again.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Fredoz1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at seton sands just before six, the booking form we received stated that if we were to arrive after we should inform reception. However when we arrived check in was closed & we had to find a security guard; who was unaware of our booking.
We drove to the touring site which leaves a lot to be desired, as it was muddy, with lots of puddles and was uneven. We had booked a hardened pitch so expected a road or some Tarmac but we were sadly disappointed.
As we only stayed two days & had lots of activities planned we did not get to use any of the facilities on site but the chip shop, the showers & washing basin.
The chip shop was expensive but the portion size was huge and the food was lovely.
The showers were clean but in serious need of renovation. Half the toilets didn't flush properly & one morning I had to endure a cold shower.
The washing up area was a waste of time, there was no washing up liquid, cloths, tea towels or even plugs. Making washing up difficult, I also felt that with mud on the draining board and the spiders staring at me, the dishes were probably cleaner before.
The staff we came across were very friendly & helpful and could not fault them. However I expected better from a big name like Haven & probably wouldn't visit this site again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rebecca T
Fort William
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed at this holiday park in March, this was our first family holiday with our little boy. The weather was horrendous blizzards and freezing cold, our first night in the caravan we booked was very cold to say the least, the wee mans baby monitor was reading 2 degrees in the morning. We went to reception and asked if we could possibly upgrade our caravan. This was done for us with no trouble what so ever, staff were very understanding and went out of their way to get the caravan ready promptly for us, within an hour we had been upgraded to a central heated caravan for a very reasonable price and staff couldn't of been more helpful. Made our stay much more enjoyable. Evening entertainment was great for the wee man and loads to do nearby. Would definately recommend and will definately return for another holiday, however we may leave it till later in the year next time :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Lizzi87
Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

just back from 4 nights at seton sands, check in was all good fast found caravan no probs, with the map given to us at reception, the site itself is well maintained very nice.

opening the caravan door ( deluxe plus as I thought this would be a better choice) though was a different matter, the strong musty smell hits you straight away, and is strong in every room, we were told that all caravans are no older than 2 years, try 20 yrs old.

the outlay is good space enough for us 3 beds and were a family of 7, the carpets in the lounge area were filthy and the seats on the couch/chairs, all stained and smelled old. the kettle was old and dirty.

my son fell down the very slippy stairs going out of the caravan, be very wary of these im surprised we didn't end up in a and e although he now sports a very nasty large bruise on his back.

entertainment wise, its all very expensive, the café food is ok but again expensive, the toilets, in these are awful very dirty I took one look and came out of there in a hurry,

not much for kids to do really, we had done it all by day 2, crazy golf go carts amusements, that's about as much as we did, the spar is well overpriced, and run by a very cheery (not) soul who just growls at u, better to go into port seton where there are other shops, at normal prices. the caravan area looked awful you have to pass through this area, to get to the spar/laundrette and chip shop.

the beach across from the caravan park, is disgusting vodkas bottles litter and dogs mess everywhere, don't go!!

all in all very disappointed it was our first family holiday, cost us a absolute fortune for 4 nights stay and we did very little

Room Tip: try somewhere else
6 Thank Gillian H
Alloa, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Here at the moment. The whole place is in need of renovation. Swimming pool was freezing and paint around the pool was completely flaking off. Bar area is awful and uninviting, it is more like a cafe with wooden seats and tables. Every where was grimy and grim. Its such a shame! It has loads of potential but needs investment to bring it back up to a decent standard. Good points: staff are very friendly and helpful. Will not be back until done up!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Karen_Scott2013
Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

booked in hear as last minute resort due to bad experience at pettycur bay fife , I called number from the haven webite in desperation far a caravan holiday for the week , the young gentleman I spoke to bent over back wards to help me and got myself and my family booked in for the weekend , when I arrived later on Friday evening my pack was awaiting me with all my passes ect the lady who gave us our key was again friendly and helpful ,the caravan was clean ,spacious and comfortable ,the next morning I went to reception to explain I was really looking for a weeks holiday as the young man could only book me in for the weekend ,the lady at reception again was extremely helpful and managed to get us booked in for the week staying in the same caravan and not costing much more ,our stay was great the kids had a ball lots to do and keep them occupied , we ate at the restaurant a few times and the service was great and the food was good ,would 100 per cent recommend this for a short break especially for kids :) :)

2 Thank l m
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at this park for a week with a family of 4, The park lay out was out standing with the van we had out standing too, We went to the complex every night but a heads up, The prices are little high for my liking but you are on Holiday so why not?

The staff in the sports unit was good with the kids and so was the fun starts really fit in with the kids and get alone with the job, I must say not so impressed with Security for the park, They only have a handful of Security, one night we only saw two, One in the venue and one on the door, They left a female security staff on her own, She was refusing a large group of people in to the complex, Tell you what she stood her ground and did not care about what they was saying, It’s a real shame we don’t see more females in the job around the UK, in side the show bar they only had one Security staff a man, A couple was having a full blow row and he just stood back playing around on his phone, I went to tell him about the issues and his reply was ok, I will sort it, But never did just stood by and let it carry and then walked away to the toilets.

I would return to a other haven site, How ever you done one you done them all, I Big shout out to, Fun stars, Sports staff, Bar staff and the only female Security, I wish I took the names down and wrote to head office but I never 

Sue and Mick

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longniddry
The County Hotel
#3 of 3 in Dalkeith
Murrayfield
Holiday Inn Edinburgh
Holiday Inn Edinburgh
#108 of 150 in Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,071 reviews

Been to Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!