“Fun Time Had” 4 of 5 bubbles

Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Brunei-Muara District, Brunei Darussalam
“Fun Time Had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was the second time we stayed at Seton Sands this year, the kids both aged 4 loved it as did myself and my mum.
We had a fantastic caravan located in a lovely quiet part of the site.
The staff are fantastic and the site was clean and safe.
Only downfall would be the prices in the onsite chip shop had increased by about £2 since May. However we had a fantastic time and will be going back again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We came here for the first time ever 17/7/2013. Came with my Dad for a few days to a caravan belonging to a friend of ours. The caravan was immaculate and very spacious. The lounge/living area was huge and the kitchen was a fair size too.The main bedroom is quite big and the twin room is livable. It's only there for sleeping in. My Dad had an absolute ball and moreso it got him away from the daily routine of the home where he lives. The weather was glorious, 26/27 degrees every day. We sat outside in the sun during the day and out to the showbar at night.The showbar was great. A show earlier on for the kids and then the main show at night for the adults. The reps did very well keeping the kids entertained during the day and then performing in the shows at night. I raise my hand to them all they did a fantastic job. The whole point of these few days here was to get my Dad away and to rest ourselves. That we certainly did. Will definitely be going back...

1 Thank Joan W
aic04
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a standard plus 3 bed caravan (73 St. Andrews), nice basic caravan with normal wear and tear, adequately equipped. Check in was quick, receptionist friendly. Around the site is spar shop, laundrette, children's play area and indoor amusements, bar and swimming pool. We didn't use the chip shop, chosing to use another off-site. Surrounding area has many walking and cycling routes.
We didn't use the entertainment area so cannot comment. However, I do agree with other reviews that I didn't like the fact that you have to walk throughout the amusement arcade to get to the other facilities, ie the pool. The pool was clean and not busy considering it was an extremely hot day, and the changing rooms clean and family friendly (baby changing available too).
The laundrette is small for the site and £8.50 for jumbo wash, dry and powder is a tad expensive, but is something you can choose not to do.
We had an enjoyable week, it is what you make it after all! We are returning in September.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two years ago. My wife and the 2 kids had a great time. Sadly my stay this year was no where near what we experienced on our last visit. Basically my main issues were:
The swimming pool...not clean and way too busy. Stayed for 30 mins out of 5 days. North Berwick beach is cleaner!
Entertainment...kids are 8 and 4. The only part they enjoyed was the kids part between 630pm and 730pm where the entertainment team dress up as anxious etc. Thereafter the entertainment went from this to a guy who made me cringe! Kids asked to leave! Then to cap things off we were sitting next to a new mum who was breast feeding (which I have no issues with)....however having a bottle of beer at the same time....no thanks.
On the up side the caravan was fine, the spar shop on site was well stocked and the surrounding area (off site) is fantastic. To be honest we'll not be back at this site again. We found a lovely caravan site just outside North Berwick with views onto Bass Rock. That's where we'll be going next time. They only rent out 10 caravans in total. The rest are all privately owned.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Big_Spinner1
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Upon arrival check in was fairly uneventful although when trying to find our caravan (St Andrews 11) we resorted to trying keys in the doors as our caravan was marked 108 and nobody felt the need to tell us!!! We booked a Prestige caravan which was nice could have been cleaner, TV didn't work and there was a continuous beeping from the fridge for the first 2 days, seemingly that is it getting back down to temperature???? Toilets in caravan were blocked from day 3 and we were afraid to use them!!!

Entertainment complex was disgusting and far too hot (weather or no weather). On walking in you were sticking to the floors, drinks stuck to the tables as did anything you happened to lay on them. Food and drink were over priced £9.75 for 2 alcoholic drinks and a coke. Activities were ridiculous, £6 for 5 minutes in the Water Walkers for a tiny bit of pool, £2.50 each for a 2 minute game of Crazy Golf at the very least this should be FREE!! The one time we used the pool we lasted 10 minutes as you couldn't move it was so packed and surely not safe?

I paid £11 to wash and dry a load of washing....mental!!!

This is just a few of the things that I could mention. I could write a story on the sheer arrogance of Haven and what they are charging people for the use of what is quite frankly a disgrace they should be paying us to put up with the dirt and clear disregard for their customers. I just don't know how they get off with it???

This is our 3rd time at Haven and each time they just get worse, we will never return and I will be informing them of our disappointment, if enough people stop going surely they will have to sort these problems. We are not snobs but I can't believe anybody being comfortable in this type of holiday...DISGUSTING

4 Thank DUFFTOWN
Lichfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My mother and I went on holiday to Seton Sands and were not impressed. We arrived quite late and checked in (reception were great). We arrived at our van expecting to have the beds made up as we had paid for this and also expecting a high quality van as we paid extra for a van that was less than 5 years old. There was no beds made the van looked like it needed repairs as the sofa was dirty. We then went over to the bar for some food. My mother went to the toilet by the side of the bar and this was disgusting with faeces all over the toilets and the cleanliness of the toilets generally were poor. The food in the bar was ok. When arriving back at then caravan our bed linen was just placed on the step to the van.

We did complain to the manager who did come round to the van and listen to us. He did say that the toilets in the bar should have been shut.

The swimming pool worried me, as a teacher I am very aware of potential Child protection issues and to have a plain glass wall looking into the swimming pool is not good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank drewhenshaw79
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at this site during the golf open week and we were very disappointed at the caravan, It was filthy and tiny... we booked a superior, ha !! it was no bigger than my garage, the bedding had holes in it and was old and grey, the floor was filthy and I had to clean everything first. The main bedroom was so small you had to climb on the bed to reach anything..
It is a noisy site full of screaming kids running around.
Check in was positive though... very quick !
The onsite shop and laundrette are very expensive!!
I cannot comment on the bar or amusements as we would never venture there...
Overall it was an ideal location for the golf but I would definitely not go back, too busy, too many kids.. not enough privacy between caravans..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank amanda d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longniddry
The County Hotel
#3 of 3 in Dalkeith
Murrayfield
Holiday Inn Edinburgh
Holiday Inn Edinburgh
#109 of 150 in Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,070 reviews

Been to Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!