“Groupon deal :)”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kilsyth
edinburgh
“Groupon deal :)”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Got a groupon deal for the Sunday lunch, 3 courses for £14 for 2! Been to the the coachman before and the food was lovely so thought I would give this a go and I wasn't disappointed the menu for the Sunday lunch is quite limited however the quality of the food is great. 3options for started and 3 or 4 for main plus 3 desserts. My husband had the beef which was very tender and I had the chicken which was nice and moist. The place was very busy but the staff know what they' re doing and are very attentive. Overall this place is great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Arrived after booking the night before at the Coachman.

Nice clean room although layout could be better and a bit of a squeeze in places, the room was as clean as it could be and was very modern and had all features you expect. The only downside was the shower taking a while to get hot and the soap dispensers were the same as was in the gents down in the bar, so take you’re own and all will be ok.

Had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Coachman and have to say they all are worthy of any hotel I have stayed in up to the 4 star's.

From reception to the whistling breakfast cook and especially the girls and boys in the restaurant serving food and at the bar, seem to work tirelessly, always doing something and never standing still.

All day and into the evening the place is packed with people eating, and I know why, value is excellent, food is brilliant, put that with the some of the best service I have ever received and you have the coachman.

I will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SpencerNegus
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Was looking forward to having luch here, as a few of my friends had recommended. Well was a bit dissapointing we both had the steak pie, one with chips one with mashed potato. Very small portions, the beef was very fatty, not nice!! Mashed potato was not seasoned what so ever, didnt stay for dessert. Don't think will be returning any time soon. Not so cheap either. Not worth it.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night and it was one night too many!!!
Waited 10 minutes at the reception area for someone to check us in, even though several staff members walked straight past us ingoring us. Got to our room, I use the word room loosely. Our room was no bigger than a shoe box with what I could only describe as a slightly bigger single bed passed off as a double, the bathroom was a walk in cupboard with a shower cubicle designed for kids. I am only 5'3" and there was no way I could have had a shower in the cubicle.
There was no hair dryer in the room and whilst looking for one I found the last guests dirty underwear in a drawer.
The only thing that mad our stay decent was the food. This is a major plus point for the coachman but a hotel can not survive on the restaurant menu alone.
We knew that there was a disco/karaoke on at night but what we were not expecting is how loud staff, guests and party goers were going to be. I don't mind a bit of noise but this was extremely OTT!! It was a constant barrage of noise from 11pm until 4am. We were all packed and ready to leave but decided to stay for breakfast as we were driving through to Edinburgh early. This was another disaster, we were sat at a table and a cooked breakfast was placed in front of us. No ordering, no nothing, which I thought was rather bizarre.
Was glad to check out!!!!!

All in all we would never return to this hotel.

1 Thank nckxx

Travelers are raving about these Kilsyth hotels

Glasgow
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went on Sunday using the groupon deal 2 eat Sunday Lunch for £14. We all ordered from the Set menu, soup, pate or prawn cocktail, then beef, lamb or chicken for mains. They were all ok, bit lacking in seasoning but great value for what we paid and a nice setting.

When we went in the place was mobbed and I was worried it was going to take a while to get any food - we had a couple of hungry kids with us! The starters and mains arrived fairly promptly which was good.

Downside was we waited about 45 mins for our desert - and it really wasnt worth the wait - we had to ask a couple of times what the hold up was and the blame was quickly diverted from the waiting staff to the kitchen. To be honest I dont care whos fault it is - we just wanted our desert and to leave!

Probably wont be back but we dont live local - I saw some of the meals from the regular menu and they looked and smelled good - cant comment on the taste!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Cracking deal with Groupon. Brilliant food and service. Lovely rooms. Nice staff.

Friday and saturday nights are very popular with the locals, so it can get a bit rowdy/noisey. But thats good, if you like that kind of stuff. If you want a quiet weekend stay, this isn;t the hotel for you.

Setting for the hotel is not that great, middle of a small town. Outside is nothing to write home about either, but read the first part of the review before making your decision. If you are a foodie, looking for a wee drink afterwards and an overnight stay, well worth a stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Alva, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Popped in to meet some friends for a wee drink and was pleasantly surprised. The decor was subtle and certainly not overwhelming.

The layout was good so that small groups of people could have their own table. The restaurant appeared to be very busy and it was a Thursday!

It appears that this hotel has made an effort to accomodate the up and coming Glasgow commuters that have moved to Kilsyth and made a good job of it.

Only tiny problem was a screaming child (not the hotels fault) and a very 'common' spoken woman behind the bar.

Certainly worth a visit and hope to go back.

Room Tip: We were just there for a drink. There is also a seperate pub adjoining the hotel so dont get confuse...