“Another fab meal”
Review of The Coachman Hotel

The Coachman Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kilsyth
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Dinner this time. What a great meal! They had a deal on for 2 people to have 2 courses for £12.99. We thought it would be smaller portions but not at all. It was brilliant value! Service great again. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We live locally and often eat here and generally ok. This week we decided to take advantage of the hotels advertised offer of two meals for 12.99 each monday and tuesday jan.& feb. After waiting for a table we were then told the offer was not starting till next week!!!. Contrary to advert. When asked if we could speak to the manager,were told "he is busy in kitchen and didnt know how long he would be" Wonder how many other people were fooled.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank delkilsyth
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I live locally so I have been for something to eat a good few times, still the service doesn't get any better! On my last visit when me and my girlfriend arrived it took at least 15minutes for us to receive a menu, then we were asked for drinks. Now I am usually quite patient, but we arrived at 3 and we didn't get our starters until 3 45( which were lovely ). Then we waited another half an hour for our main( again it was lovely )but the worst thing was when we asked the manager at first if we could get another glass of water, so we waited a good 5 minutes and still nothing. We then asked a waitress, waited another 5 minutes and still nothing, I ended up having to go to the bar for it. When I said this was the third time I asked, all I got was a sad look and a sorry! Food great, service really poor! Would recommend if you have lots of patience!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Davef659
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Amazing food & excellent value for money. Service amazing-Leigh is a star! Can't wait to go back. Dinner this time so may try lunch next time.
Did not stay over so can't comment on rooms

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Stayed here one Friday night,stopped by on the offchance that they would have a room free as we hadn't got around to booking in advance. The guy who booked us in told us that he was making no apology about the fact that there was a party on later that night and things would get noisy, I think he needs to work on his people skills/ have a personality transplant/ both - he seemed a bit moody and we both felt a bit put out by his dry manner, almost felt like cancelling halfway through checking in. Anyway, Mr. Personality 2011 directed us to our room which was nice and very comfortable although there were no pillowcases on our bed. We ate in the restaurant that evening, food was delicious and great portion sizes, reasonably priced too. Had a few drinks before heading for bed at the relatively early time of about 9.30 as we'd had a long day's travelling. Slept like a log until about 1.30 when there seemed to be a bit of a brawl going on in the carpark outside our window, it was pretty noisy but O/H and I were so tired that we fell back asleep pretty quickly although I can understand how disruptive the noise would be to others. Breakfast was really good, great selection of cereals, yoghurts and fruit and a delicious fry up. Would stay again but would be wary about the weekends if the noise levels are a regular thing.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Visited for Sunday lunch as a birthday treat for myself. I have visited many times before and even recommended it to friends, however on this visit we had the unfortunate experience of having the managers very poor people skills. From the outset he was rude to my partner and her mother when showing them to their seats by making an unnecessary comment. When he returned he asked do you want drinks, I asked could you teel me what the soup of the day is, he replied I'm not here to do soup I'm here to do drinks, however he did tell us what the soup was. We should have got up and left then as the service didn't get any better. Waited 30 minutes for starters and a further hour for the main course. We then asked the manager for tea he replied I'm busy. I will not recommend or visit this place to anyone ever again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank happylad3046
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Had a 2 course meal. Modern, original menu. Faultless food, good portions, great service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilsyth
The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
The Boathouse
The Boathouse
#1 of 2 in Kilsyth
Glenskirlie House and Castle

Been to The Coachman Hotel? Share your experiences!