“Our reliable hotel in Stirling”

Premier Inn Stirling South (M9, J9) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bannockburn
St. John's, Canada
“Our reliable hotel in Stirling”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

This hotel was good - rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. It is the third time was have stayed there and we will most likely stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We stayed here on our way home from Scotland and cannot fault it in any way. The staff were really friendly and helpful....nothing was too much bother for them. Rooms were light, airy, well decorated and clean. The Brewers Fayre was excellent and, although very busy, the food was served promptly and there was a very good selection to chose from. Breakfast really was 'eat as much as you like' and apart from the cooked meal was self-service with a good selection of cereals, etc. Our room was facing the car park and although the inn and Brewers Fayre were very busy our sleep was not disturbed at all.
Only downside, for anyone wanting to use a laptop is that Wi-Fi is available but is not free .I would have no hesitation in recommending this Premier Inn and would definitely use it again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2010

My partner and I came to Stirling for Valentines Day for a day out to visit the attractions.
We booked this hotel, bearing in mind reading the reviews on the hotel. We were not so much disapointed in the hotel, but more of it's location. The hotel is the only thing in the location, the rest are farms and huge fields. The hotel does have a resturant which the food is delicious but not so much a huge selection of food as it is more 'pub like'. It is good value for money however and we did enjoy our meals. I can understand why people who can drive come to this hotel as its near the motorway for them and they only have to drive a few miles to get into the central for the attractions. As you can guess my partner and I do not drive yet and getting to and forth from attractions was pricey. I wouldnt recommend taxis at all. We got a taxi to go to Nandos and the Cinemas which was 2 miles away and it cost us £9! I found this very pricey for a taxi considering back home for 2 miles it cost £3. So already we were £18 just to get back and forth places during the night. Daytime wasnt so bad. There is a bus that runs to the central and its not pricey at all, but this service doesnt run at night.
Overall the hotel was lovely and the staff were very helpful and knew alot about the surrounding area. Rooms were spacious and cleaned daily (we stayed 2 days). Beds are comfty and you dont have to worry about any noise, its so silent at night. Bear in mind farms are nearby and if you like the farm smell then you will be fine but the smell isnt bad at all compared to some places.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Stirling South (M9, J9) Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your time with us, we are so pleased that our hotel and clean, comfortable rooms ensured your stay was a good. Our team members will be delighted to receive your feedback, the team here are committed to delivering the highest level of service to our guests and your feedback is so important to us in our continued endeavours to provide our guests with this service. Thanks again for your review we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
East Yorkshire
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I stayed her for one night last week, on a business trip to visit our Stirling branch.

The hotel is well placed, just a few hundred metres from the motorway which is far enough away to avoid any motorway noise. The view from both sides of the hotel is of open countryside. The car park is huge, easily catering for both the hotel & the evening session at the Brewers Fair next door which shares the car park.

There was some painting work taking place in reception when I booked in during late afternoon & again as I checked out the next morning. I assume this is the final part of an overall refurb as unlike some of the previous reviews, I thought that everything that I saw (my room & the corridors) looked in excellent condition. My room was spacious & well fitted, with the usual bathroom, double bed, desk space, desk chair, arm chair, coffee table, TV & plenty of shelf & hanging space.

I haven't eaten at a neighbouring Brewsters for a few years (I stay at a Premier Inn a couple of times per month on average) but noticed that the Brewsters menu in my room appeared to have changed since I last looked at one & so I went over for dinner. The menu was much bigger & better than my last stay, so hopefully this is the new UK wide menu & not just local version. This would save me checking into Premier Inns & then going out on a trek to find somewhere for dinner.

I will definitely stay here again when on business in this neck of the woods.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Stirling South (M9, J9) Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2010
Thanks for your review, we are pleased to hear that our hotel and restaurant facilities met your expectations and your stay was a comfortable one. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Sydney
Reviewed October 25, 2009

A very ordinary motel on the side of the freeway. Room was dusty, a little shabby, bed and bedding not too good. The room rate was 59 pounds for an overnight stay and it was basic basic basic.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We stayed for one night and found the condition of the room to be tired and in need of refurbishment. The hot tap to the wash hand basin was difficult to operate and came apart in one's hand. The rural location was about a 25 min walk to Stirling town centre and there was a bar/restaurant very close to the Inn.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oldtravellerFlorida
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I stayed here on our way home from the far north of Scotland, with my wife, son and his girlfriend.

As always the rooms at Premier Inn are well fitted and comfortable, though this one looks a little dated. Our room was on the road side of the building and the poor double glazing allowed the noise through. The road is a main road and the noise went on through the night.

Overall a decent place to stay a night or two, but probably not many more.

I would avoid the Brewers Fayre pub next door unless you want microwaved food, we had a meal there and while there was plenty, and it was cheap, it was poor, with things overcooked, and tatseless (I had roast lamb and it was difficult to tell whether it was lamb or beef). We didn't try breakfast at £7.50 each as better can be bought elsewhere for much less.

• Liked — Convenience to motorway network
  • Disliked — Food in adjacent pub
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bannockburn
Holiday Inn Express Stirling
#2 of 3 in Bannockburn
Golden Lion Hotel
Golden Lion Hotel
#10 of 20 in Stirling

Been to Premier Inn Stirling South (M9, J9) Hotel? Share your experiences!