Since the negative reviews of this place I believe it was refurbished last year.
No problems with our booking. Welcome was professional, friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and just enough space for two and a little one + holiday baggae. Good Tea making facilities etc. Every courtesy afforded to help us accommodate bikes and give us peace of mind.
The car park was large and the views of the rural area lovely.
I only heard traffic noise mid morning as the car numbers increased (if we had the windows open).
Will go back again no problem.
The dining let the hotel down a little, the Pirnhall Inn a Brewers Fayer as with all chains can be variable, this one was one of the better ones, relatively smart and clean and had the most spectacular play area for small children. But the cleanliness of the tables could be hit and miss and the service dependant upon the individual. Food was hot and generally cooked well.
The braised lamb + trimmings was wonderful and basics like mash and chips , jacket potatoes fine. The pie is inedible in my opinion and the vegetables always looked stale and dried out with the corn cob looking nibbled at (apparently tasted good despite appearances).
I am not sure what it is about the restaurant perhaps the menu, and the smell of fried foods that these chains have. However next time we stay I will try find time for the breakfast.
The area felt save and secure. But there was no safe in the room.
A good base to explore from if you have a car. but not on the doorstep of the town if that is what you are hoping for.
I am sure we will return to continue our exploration of the area on bikes.
Thanks to the staff for a lovely friendly stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier Inn Stirling has 60 rooms. We offer great comfortable, affordable rooms. The rooms are very clean and modern. We have a great team of staff that work together and give pride in making you Premier Inn experience unforgetable. We have a Brewers Fayre Restaurant beside the hotel which serve good value for money food. For the children there is an outdoor childrens play area, which is situated beside the outdoor seating area where the parents can sit and relax whilst the children play. There are NO indoor play areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Stirling South (M9, J9) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Stirling Hotel Bannockburn
- Premier Inn Stirling South (M9, J9) Hotel Bannockburn, Scotland