“Not the way to treat some one”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hillhead Farm Lets

Hillhead Farm Lets
Ranked #2 of 2 Bannockburn B&B and Inns
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
“Not the way to treat some one”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Had booked a room for two nights well in advance for a stop over on are way up to skye and on are way back. After traveling 300 miles in are car, we turn up at the B&B to be told we had not booked a room, after pointing out to the owner with the help of my phone recent contact, that I had only spoken to him a couple of days before coming up. To double check everything was ok with the booking. He said he must have made a mistake and he then gave us a address of another B&B. He rang him up and he just happened to have a room ready. So off we went and stayed the night as we where far to tied to be looking for a B&B so late on in the day. Now mistakes can be made, but it looked to me that the owner got the chance to book his room for the full weekend and took it, if this was so; then he should have rang me and I would have made other arrangments and not have helped out his friend. I can not coment on the owners rooms but I would recommend getting your booking in wrighting before setting off. If you feel having the booking in wrighting would still stop a MISTAKE like this from happening to you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

The price is right, it's easy to fine, and the gardens are charming.

The owner is a bit shifty. We arrived with no one home. So I called and left a message on the cell phone and walked across the street for a beer. We waited an hour and didn't hear back, walked back to the house, ready to leave and found a note on the door that gave the room number and that the key was in the door.

The bed is extremely lumpy, there are springs showing in the mattress cover. I got a medium hot shower, very quick, and my husband got no shower at all.

When leaving, we finally found the owner who said that he had some king of emergency and that he left a note on the door for us, but it must have blown off. (gee, the second note didn't blow off, and why not use a cell phone?) We told him about the shower and he gave us a look of shock, stating that he was not aware of any shower problems at all. the guy is a flake, don't trust him.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clairevito

Travelers are raving about these Bannockburn hotels

Western Ireland, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Had booked a room with a dog. On arrival at 6pm found a letter of the manger: he would be back at 8pm - key at the room. It was a cold day - room was cold as well. Went for a walk - at 8 no one was to be found. We then discovered that there was NO ELECTRICITY for our room except for some lamps. That meant: no heating, no internet, no tv, no hot shower, no socket to make tea. We called and sent text to landline and mobile (would be available 'any time' the letter had stated) to ask for help - reached answering machine and no reaction. Around 10.30 or 11pm another guest helped us to find the fuse box and after loosening some screws(!!!!) switched on fuses. In the middle of the night at 0.40am a text from the manager arrived on my mobile: 'is it ok now?' I found that annoying. In the morning one was required to send a text so that the manager could arrive before departure. I did. He was there at once offering a hand shake ... which I was rather slow to accept. So I was told this was considered 'rude' in Scotland. When starting to talk bout OUR problems I was told the heating was on now and that I pointed with my finger which was again called 'rude'. Without us having asked, the manager told us that we would not have to pay but he considered our second booking booking as cancelled - that was that. Another text arrived in the evening which said 'so sorry about last night ...' but they would have a very good record. Well - we had an experience I wish not to repeat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rita-fb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012 via mobile

Had to visit Stirling on business and found Hillhead farm lets through late bookings.com. Very impressed with the quality and standard of the rooms. Will definetly use again if I need to come back to the area on business.

Stayed April 2012
Brechin,Angus,Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I had to find last minute accomadation,so i looked on laterooms,and im so glad i did,Hillhead farm is one of the best places to stay in the Stirling area,I have stayed many times in the Stirling area mostly in hotels,We thought this type off accomadation was just so much better than a hotel,The room was modern and very clean,We stayed in room no 1 which has its own front door leading on to a small porch,The garden outside our room was lovely and well kept and the views are amazing,When we arrived at the time we specified,The owners had the room cosy and warm and the bedside table lamps were turned on,which we thought was a very nice touch,Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

We have stayed at Hillhead Farm Lets for 3 nights. At first we have stayed one night in a 4 star hotel in the old part of Stirling and we didnt like it. We were looking for some other accommodation. So at the end we decided to stat at Hillhead farm because it had really good reviews on the web.
I have to say that the owner was great - welcomed us really nice and gave us a a very good price for 3 nights stay.
This is very quiet part. Room was big enough and totaly new, nicely furnitured and very clean. We really felt almost like home. I would really recommend stay to everyone that is looking for a nice accommodation in Stirling.I am used to stay in a 4 or 5 stars hotels and this farm was even better than this.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Didcot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

After exhaustive searches came across this accomodation on the web. I am glad I did. Room was light, fresh, warm and the bed was so comfortable after a 9 hour journey. I would definitely recommend a stay here. Food available up the farm road at the Brewers Fayre (great Chinese and Indian Buffet nights with 'all you can eat for £6.49 at time of writing this review).
Helpful and friendly meet and greet. Thank you for my stay.

Sue

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bannockburn
Stirling Court Hotel
Premier Inn Stirling City Centre Hotel
The Barn Lodge
The Barn Lodge
#1 of 2 in Bannockburn

Been to Hillhead Farm Lets? Share your experiences!