“Storm Stayed..”
Review of Canalta Oyen

Canalta Oyen
Ranked #1 of 2 Oyen B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 20, 2013

What a lovely hotel to be stormstayed in...Thank you to all the staff who were very helpful and made sure our stay was awesome. A bad blizzard and icy roads and road closure stopped us in our tracks on the way back to Saskatoon last weekend. I would highly recommend to stay there...AND the Continental breakfast is like no other.....Its more like a buffet....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CanaltaOyen, Manager at Canalta Oyen, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for all the kind comments my team and I were very happy that we could help in a time of need,we hope you will visit us again at a time more relaxing. Is was so nice to hear that you were pleased with the services,our gold is to make all our guests as comfortable as possible.

Julia

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We ducked in here during some of the worst driving conditions I have seen in years. This place is right along the highway but I never noticed any noise. Paid $131 CAA rate mid week.

The rooms were spacious, modern and well appointed. The linnens and beds were very good. The room had a small fridge, microwave, wet bar and independant heat control. :)

There was a hot tub and fitness room that we never got to use.There was a dvd rental machine in the lobby.

Breakfast was included and consisted of scrambled eggs, frech toast, DIY fresh waffles, bacon, sausages several cereals and juice/ fruit. It was actually pretty good and made the slightly above average price a little easier to stomach, so to speak.

The only other thing around is a coop gas station/ convienience store next door and a campground.

I would stay here again in a heart beat if I ever had to.

Please click helpful below if it was. Thnx for reading.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Saskheat
CanaltaOyen, General Manager at Canalta Oyen, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am so glad that we provided a refuge in the storm. We apprieciate your kind comments regarding your accommadations, our breakfast and hotel clealiness. We hope to see you again in much better weather.

All the best
Julia Callerac

Reviewed November 15, 2012

It was a nice, quiet place to stay. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was great. I was glad to have found a place to stay between Saskatoon and Calgary. The staff was very helpful. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for for your kind word regarding your stay at the Canalta Oyen
I am always happy to hear that my guest are comfortable and feel welcome at our hotel
I do hope to share our hospitality with you again

All the best
Julia Callerac

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had to stay in the area for work, was happy that there was a new place in Oyen. Room was very clean and spacious, and hallways and room were well lit (I despise gloomy hotel hallways). Decent breakfast choices, staff were constantly out making sure it was all in order. Front desk staff were helpful and efficient. Would stay again if I have work anywhere in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CanaltaOyen, General Manager at Canalta Oyen, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your review, we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Good Experience at this hotel. Rooms are large and clean. A normal sized man can actually stand in the show and not have to get on his knees to wash his hair :) Internet is fast and reliable. Beds and pillows are very comfortable. The continental breakfast is very good consisting of make your own waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, toast, juice and muffins. The hotel is very quite, your do not hear noise from the other rooms or outside. Would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to staying in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Devin F
CanaltaOyen, General Manager at Canalta Oyen, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for the great review, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Called for a reservation a few days before arrival; were told that the only 2 rooms available were one with 2 queen beds, or a queen bed with a jacuzzi. As my husband was travelling alone, he said he only needed one bed, but was told that was all they had left. Upon departure at 6:30 a.m. the next morning he observed that there weren't very many people staying there. The room cost $134 a night, which is pretty high, but they really are the only game in town, or in the vicinity. The hotel itself was fine. The breakfast was the best breakfast of it's type he's ever had. I guess we would stay here again simply because of lack of options.

Room Tip: If you check in on a hot day, request a room on the east side, as the west facing rooms are quite wa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marilyn T
CanaltaOyen, General Manager at Canalta Oyen, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your response. I assure you we are very busy as most of our guests are headed to work by 6:30am. I am happy to know that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had to make an unscheduled overnight stop in Oyen and was thrilled with the welcome I received at the Canalta Hotel. At first, I received bad news -- that all their rooms were full. However, for a low price, the desk clerk generously offered me their conference room, which had sofa beds and a full bathroom plus kitchen facilities. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff -- both at night and in the morning -- were friendly and helpful. The evening clerk looked up the contact information for a local mechanic, even before I asked. I will be recommending this hotel to anyone traveling through Oyen.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
CanaltaOyen, General Manager at Canalta Oyen, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our facility and that we were able to accomodate you. We hope to see you again!

Been to Canalta Oyen? Share your experiences!