“Good Place to Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Unity
Red Deer
“Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I would definitely recommend staying at the Prairie Moon Inn & Suites. We were able to check in early. The room was nice and clean. There is a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The only small issue we had while staying was our key card reset and had to go to front desk to get reprogamed. They offer a free breakfast in the morning between 6-10. Also included was free wifi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank riderrye

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Prairie Moon in October 2012. We were pleasantly surprised to find this high quality Inn in a rather (it must be said) unassuming prairie town. Although not a part of any of the great hotel chains, the Prairie Moon is a first-class facility offering very good value.

L & R Ottawa

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Larry D
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed there for a few nights while working in the area. Breakfast was good there, had eggs and bacon one morning, and eggs and sausage the next morning. I had the handicap king room, as there was nothing else available. Room was nice and clean. It had a stand up shower(no tub) that I didn't really like, but otherwise was good. Friendly staff. Fridge in the room had no freezer, so the staff graciously put my lunchbox icepack in their staffroom freezer for me. Much appreciated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Colin A
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a treat to find such a nice hotel in Unity. This new hotel has a very nice complimentary breakfast, large, clean rooms, and free wireless internet. Rates were very competative. The hotel reminded me of Holiday Inn Express and Suites in many ways. I would highly reccomend this hotel if you need to stay in Unity. In fact you may want to stay in Kindersley if you can't get a room here. My only concerns are minor - the eggs with breakfast were so so and there was rarley someone standing at the front desk. You have to ring the little bell and then they come quickly. The white chocolate cookies in the rooms are a nice touch.

Room Tip: Top floor is the best as I could hear people walking above but no noise from below.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank shopdude
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Stopped here on our way to Alberta. Motel was very clean and In very good repair. Breakfast was included but I would add a little more variety. Maybe offer yogurt and a choice of fruit. Staff was very efficient and everyone was friendly and helpful. We will.be back!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Mexicogir
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I can find nothing wrong here and I stay at different hotels all the time with my work. The decore is very nice, including tasteful, restful and appealing decore in the rooms. Comfortable bed and great sleep quality. Window open so you can get fresh air and even though it was hot we were able to cool it down. Plasma tv ...beautiful jazuzzi for two and nice towels, bathrobes and slippers ....lots of little amenities....fridge microwave and coffee maker , huge room with King and fold out couch that was comfortable to sit on while folded up....nice big bathtub to in bathroom ....breakfast was amazing ......scrambled eggs bacon french toast, toast and good selection of spreads , cereal juice yogurt fruit and muffins ...coffee all day for guests .................right off the highway ...absolutely no complaints they even let us check in in early and check out late .....very quiet and relaxing place to get away or for business and the WiFI was super fast ...we ate at the Armada Inn restaurant which was good size portions with average prices ...we would have like to try Jalascos at the old train station but closed on Sunday !!

Room Tip: bood a Jacuzzi suite
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank rlmptl
BC
Reviewed October 31, 2011

It was a wonderful surprise to find an attractive, new motel in this small prairie town. The rooms are spacious, clean, well supplied and comfortable. The entire staff from front desk to chambermaids were friendly and helpful.
The only curious quirk management has concerns bottled water. Unity's water comes from wells, and has a mineral taste. The motel provides two bottles of water in your room, but for some reason management refuses to replace these bottles if you are staying over. I found that a bit strange considering rooms generally are over $100 per night.
Our free breakfast was OK. Staff kept the breakfast area fully stocked, and clean. They don't have a self-serve waffle maker. I enjoy having a fresh waffle in the morning.
The wifi in our room was great. The motel's web page has links to book rooms or contact them. Neither link worked for me when I was trying to reserve my room. This wasn't an issue. They answer the phone promptly, and are very helpful.
All in all, our experience was great. The Prairie Moon is a 100|% smoke free environment. I appreciate that.
I recommend the Prairie Moon to anyone visiting the Unity area.

Room Tip: The motel is located between the highway and the railway. Noise isn't bad as the motel is a blo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dionysus77

Been to Prairie Moon Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!