“The best way to watch whales and more!”

Captain Wayne's Marine Excursions
Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Bay Bulls
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on Bay Bulls,Newfoundland.We have on site parking adjacent to our outfitting chalet and docking facility.This site is located 2km from the main highway.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Two of the four whale watching excursions I did last week were with Wayne. His were by far the best - not just for his experience in knowing where to look, or even for the very well thought out design of the boat he built (which includes a loo) that makes the trip way more pleasurable for all (something others seem to overlook entirely), but also for his professionalism, extraordinary general knowledge of all marine based life, and the history of the area and the wildly different eco systems of some of the local coves. Then of course there's the icing on the cake - he's a really nice guy with a lovely dry sense of humor who quite simply loves what he does. I cannot recommend Captain Wayne highly enough. Five big smiles :) Thank you Wayne!

There are newer reviews for Captain Wayne's Marine Excursions

Reviewed July 19, 2014

On July 3 we went out with Captain Wayne and it was fantastic! Humpback whales frolicking beside the boat, dozens of opportunities for the renowned Tail Shot of whales breaching, incredible birds - great day! This is ~ my 5th trip to The Rock and I've been out whale-watching perhaps 10 times, mostly in Bay Bulls or Twillingate, and usually in the past with the "big-name" boats. Those were typically very good, but this was probably my favourite trip. The many whale sightings of course were a factor, but I also liked the smaller, more relaxed feel of his boat. We were a party of 6 people and we had the boat to ourselves. There was no background music, no-one trying to sell you things, rather it was a more personal experience, one in which you could lean over the boat and be closer to the whales. Thanks for a wonderful, memorable time!

1  Thank Bob L
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Capt. Wayne knows his stuff and he loves his job and it shows. He worked for the competitor for many many years. He built his own 50 foot boat that holds a maximum of 12 people. We were only six people on our tour. We were so close to Whales that we got splashed from their spout and we could also smell their krill breath. Very up close and personal with the Capt. and the whales. Well worth the extra few bucks… Christian and Claire….Mansonville Qc July 13 2014

Reviewed July 18, 2014

If I could give more than five stars I would! This tour is in a smaller boat so you can get much closer to both whales and the various nooks and crannies around Bird Island and Bay Bulls. Captain Wayne knows his stuff and you can tell he has a deep passion for what he does. Value for money is excellent - the tour is not rushed and Wayne can tell you anything you want to know about marine wildlife in the area. If this is a once in a lifetime experience for you I highly recommend you go with Captain Wayne!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Our guides expertly shared their love of this wonderful habitat. We were within 20 feet of 2 humpback whales for nearly an hour- as they surfaced and blew water! Plus we saw the bird sanctuary where gulls, puffins and other species nest and live in splendid harmony. The highlight was the bald eagle who majestically flew out of the nest as we approached! I look forward to another visit, on our next trip.