We always perform thorough Trip Advisor research before booking anywhere [because we are fussy] to ensure that:
a. There is a good sample size of ratings/reviews
b. The majority of ratings are good or excellent
Sample Size for Tudor House
211 ratings is a more than good enough sample size to make the average rating meaningful
Average rating, to one decimal place [where Poor = 1 and Excellent = 5] is 4.9 out of 5
Ratings for Tudor House
94% Excellent Ratings – 199 ratings out of 211 are excellent
97.5% of ratings Excellent or good – 206 ratings out of 211 good or excellent
In fact, the ratings would be even higher if it was not for the fact that the odd idiot has booked without doing any very basic research and then unfairly rated Tudor House for things they should have known about before booking. For example to moan that a B&B that is a converted railway station, is near a train line is a bit like buying a car and then moaning that it doesn't have wings!
So the decision to book Tudor House was easy, a 'No-Brainer', we considered the risk that 206 out of 211 people who had stayed there previously were wrong was negligible and were satisfied that we could book with confidence.
- Tudor House is a great location for the Yorkshire Dales
- Plenty of parking space
- Wi Fi
- Excellent Breakfast [fresh fruit, cereal, full English, kippers etc..] I had not had kippers for
breakfast in years these kippers were done to perfection with a poached egg
- Bob and Sheila are excellent hosts and went out of their way to accommodate our nearly two
- Bob and Sheila have great local knowledge and happy to spend time with guests advising
and recommending days out etc….in addition to this there are plenty of books/information
- Spacious bedroom
- Plenty of space downstairs to sit and read, drink, watch television/DVDs or relax etc…
- Occasional trains passing not a problem for us, in fact our toddler was fascinated by them
- Very good shower with plenty of power [where so many B&Bs disappoint Tudor House
It is difficult to find fault with Tudor House, Bob and Sheila have obviously worked hard and deserve to get such high ratings and are obviously continuing to work hard to maintain such high ratings.
I will be recommending Tudor House to family and friends.
Thanks Bob and Sheila, we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful 19th-century converted railway station on the Skipton-Settle-Carlisle line with bags of character and a warm welcome guaranteed. 2 deluxe doubles, 2 doubles and our wonderful "Orient Express" Sleeper Compartment twin room means we have something for everybody. Bob & Sheila look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Tudor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tudor House Hotel Bell Busk
- Tudor House Bell Busk, UK - Skipton