“Great place to stay”
Review of Aard Oakleigh

Aard Oakleigh
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I stayed with June on Oct 5. This home is beautiful, with well kept grounds and a very warm feel. June went out of her way to wish my mom a happy 60th birthday. Thank you so much june! I would recommend this home to anyone. Nice easy first data drive from Dublin as well!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank nmh1116

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was a great B&B. June was great and general had no complaints. It is somewhat secluded, which we enjoyed. Just to note, if you use a credit card, there is an extra 3 euro charge. I do not have a problem with this, just wish I would've known beforehand so I could've brought a sufficient amount of cash.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gogators77
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Lovely host, lovely room and lovely food. There was a great choice for breakfast, including fresh fruit salad and home-made granola. The room was very comfortable, clean and private with a lovely view over the surrounding fields. Thank you June.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BonnieCharlie
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night in June 2013. The house is beautiful and spotless, and our room had two beds- a double and a twin. We especially enjoyed the balcony and little table on the second floor. We had great weather so it was nice to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air with a view of the lovely garden. We had the full Irish breakfast in the morning and June had the best scones....in the galaxy. I did have to wake my husband in the morning because I couldn't figure out how to use the shower, lol. Once we got it going everything was great. Aside from needing an engineering degree for the plumbing, it was a terrific stay. Thanks June!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank july_hymn
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I picked Aard Oakleigh for our first night outside of Dublin. It was also our first B&B visit so we were a little nervous arriving. We booked through bandbireland and used our CIE tour voucher without a hitch. Our room was very comfortable, clean, quiet, and well furnished. It was on the second floor overlooking the small garden and the fields and cows in the distance. The room's information book had details on local attractions and restaurants.

The host was reserved when we arrived but opened up a bit during breakfast, which was quite tasty. We had the traditional irish breakfast and a good conversation with another visitor from Northern Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ufcarter
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband, daughter, son-in-law and I had two lovely rooms - well equiped and comfortable. The house and yard are beautiful and immaculate. June presented us with amazing breakfasts including the best scones I have ever eaten. Her home made jams and stewed rhubarb were sooo yummy! Aard Oakleigh is just a short drive to Kilkenny and is so peaceful and quiet after a hectic day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelinj0y
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here in late May and absolutely loved it! There were 3 of us traveling so we secured a larger room - everything felt very spacious. Loved the complimentary amenities in the bathroom and free wifi! June was lovely and so accommodating with directions and tips on things to do. We only stayed for one night but made the most of our time - it was nice to walk around the area but we did have to drive into the main town of Kilkenny (definitely worth the drive and spending the day there). The morning breakfast selection was excellent and cooked to perfection! Would definitely stay here again should we have the opportunity to do so.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katelyn123

Been to Aard Oakleigh? Share your experiences!