“Wedding Party 8th to 15th June 2012”

Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vasilias
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Wedding Party 8th to 15th June 2012”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My week at the Kassandra Bay Hotel started with a warm welcome from the friendly staff. The cleanliness of the hotel and rooms was a very pleasant surprise. Our holiday was also the venue for my son and his fiancé wedding. All the wedding guests enjoyed the sea view from the lawn and private decked area, were we all partied into the night/early morning. Drinks and food are not the cheapest but for a 5* hotel its what you expect. We stayed bed and breakfast and could not fault the choice of food from traditional cereals, eggs, bacon, sausage etc, plus cold meats fruit. The reception would always oblige to help, booking taxi to take us to the town what was 4 mins drive around 6€ or you could catch a bus for 1.6€ from outside the hotel.

1 Thank john R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Greek first
Skara, Sweden
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We just spent a week at Kassandra Bay Hotel. My mother, age 80, joined us and was the reason that we chose this hotel, since it was right by the beach.
What we didn't know was that there are a LOT of steps and slopes. We had our rooms almost on the top and two days the elevator was out of order. That almost knocked my mother down, I can say. The slope from the pool area to the beach was also too steep for her to manage on her own.

The beach was nice and and quiet. Our 8 yrs old daughter also enjoyed the pool (salt water), but the black floor around the pool got really hot. There was a small pool for the very youngest, one pool with depth 1.40 m and one deeper pool.

The rooms were spacy and nice, but the beds and pillows are hard as stone, which unfortunately is common in Greece. Bring your own pillow if you have problems with your neck.
The view from the balcony is stunning, the best ever! But three nights out of seven there were so loud entertainment at the hotel's pool area that we couldn't stand it.(it didn't help that the singers respectively the saxophoneplayer sang/played out of tune...) It was impossible enjoy sitting on the balcony, so instead we chose to sit in our room. Not what you're looking forward to on a greek vacation...

The breakfast was nice. The personnel welcoming and helpful. But the breakfast room is noisy and it was really hard to hear what we said sitting at the same table.
Except for breakfast, we had our meals on other restaurants. Right beside the hotel, at the beach, there is a really nice bar with great omelettes, salllads and greek food. One day Goldie Hawn with family and friends sat at the table next to ours. :-)

Skiathos is a beautiful island, the tenth Greek island we are visiting and we will come back. But then we will chose a hotel in the charming town where we found a lot of nice restaurants. It is easy to take the bus to different beaches and inexpensive to take a taxi, if one prefer that.
We loved Xanema beach for example.
Also it was a very smooth transfer to the hotel from airport.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Apollo

Kalaitzidis, Manager at Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Akhallgren,
Thank you for making the time to review our Hotel and its facilities.
First, i would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvience caused due to elevators working failure. We tried to to do our best to fix the problem but the situation was more serious; thus it couldnt be fixed locally so we had to bring technicians from Volos. This why we had this two day delay. I fully comprehend your comment but upon request we could have transferred you to a low floow room.
We do hold live nights one or two times per week but it is in the context of soft entertainment and not loud music. Most of our guests enjoy these live nights many of which are accompanied with one of our themed buffet nights.
Breakfast area welcomes up to 200 people at times, it is buffet style so you cant really expect peace and quiet in a full hotel.
We take your comments to heart and we would be happy to welcome you again to Skiathos and our hotel in the future.

London
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a one week stay at the Kassandra Bay Hotel on the Greek island of Skiathos. When we arrived at the hotel we were pleased to learn that we had been upgraded to a room with a seperate mezzanine floor.

The room was modern, bright, airy and spotlessly clean and the views were simply stunning.

The staff in reception were excellent, as were the staff clearing up breakfast in the morning. Sadly the staff who worked by the pool during the day serving drinks were inefficient and had the unique ability to be able to look straight through you when you were trying to get their attention. The bar staff (those working behind the bar) were friendly and efficient.

Breakfast was adequate no worse or better than I would have expected.

The pools were lovely (salt water) but I would like to mention 2 points. Firstly the decking around the pool is black which obviously absorbs the heat from the sun which makes it EXTREMELY hot to walk on, and secondly the sun loungers (due to their design) are very uncomforable and both myself and my partner experienced back pain.

The hotel is built on the side of a hill which means the views are breathtaking, but I am not sure how suitable this hotel would be for elderely or disabled clients although in fairness apart from the many steps there are lifts and slopes (but the slopes are steep).

Drink prices are what you would expect for a 4/5 star hotel for examble 6 euro for 2 diet cokes.

There is a little taverna by the sea right next door to the hotel and I would HIGHLY recommend it. The service, food and views are perfect. In fact this place is so good, while we were having lunch there one day Kurt Russell, Goldie Hawn and Kate Hudson were at the next table!!! Apparently they are regulars when they are on the island! And don't worry, the prices are not A lister category!

For my personal choice the hotel is a little far out from restaurants shops etc and it is necessary to either get a taxi (8 euro), the bus (1.60 euro p/p one way) or the water taxi (2.50 euro p/p one way). But if you are the type of person who likes the peace and tranquility you will love it.

The spa is still being built so we could not use it. I was told by reception that they could arrange a massage (50 euro for 50 minutes), however if you are on the beach massage is offered (not by the hotel) for 40 minutes 20 euro which was not only good value, but a good massage as well.

I would recommend this hotel particularly for couples or families with young children.

Room Tip: Rooms in 600s and 700s have best views
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelledLondon
Dear TravelledLondon,
thank you for taking time to post this review on trip advisor.
In regards to your comments i would like to add the following:
The decking area is not black its dark wood and it gets darker as it is wet all the time due to the fact that both pool are surrounded by decking area and people jump in and out of the pools. Sand,deck everywhere with no shade it is hot to step in barefoot. All sunbeds have mattresses but for your comfort we could have provided you with extra mattress.
I have noted your comments about the lack of attention at the bar area and i have passed on your feedback to our team.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and really looking forward to welcoming you to beautiful Skiathos and our hotel in the near future.

London, England
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I can only compare this property to those of similar ratings as I am world-wide travelled and my expectations are always harmonised with the local culture. I have travelled throughout all parts of Greece so base my review on experience of similar:-

The good things:-
Very helpful and accommodating Reception staff.
Deluxe Ocean view rooms are just that - deluxe with all the mod cons, fluffy towels and power showers, kept very clean. Beautiful views of Kassandra Bay.
Overall cleaniness of hotel is excellent.
Location - if you just want a nice little beach for a swim and not much else.
Bus top - directly outside hotel so convenient for visiting other parts of the island.
Pool & Beach towels provided fresh every day.
Free wifi - 2 pc screens available at any time for guest use.

The not so good things:-
The bathroom floor tiles create a VERY slippery surface as they are the same tiles used on the walls - very pretty but are not suitable for the floor (which will unavoidably get wet). I would advise to step onto a floor towel when coming out the bath/shower and make sure the floor does not get wet.
Alot of steps & slopes (not always with a hand rail) - so ditch the heels for Fit-Flops! Certainly not suitable for anyone with walking difficulties or the elderly.
Bar & Restaurant Staff - limited understanding of English, mainly young female waitresses some of whom gave me the impression they were doing me a "favour". Service - generally appalling - one occasion I was totally ignored when standing at the non-busy bar.
Prices - fair to expensive. House wine by the glass is local and not the best. I did find some very nice local wine outside the hotel.
The hotel has evening functions which take up the best eating areas of the hotel which are then closed off to remaining hotel guests. This happened on 3 of the nights I was there so I am lucky I did not book half board as those who did were told they could only sit in the "breakfast canteen and at a specific time"!
Breakfast - limited offerings in self service style (nothing cooked whilst you wait). Hot offerings ranged from scrambled or fried eggs, plain omlettes and undercooked fatty bacon. Other offerings were pastry based, cheese filled. Cold buffet was some local cheese, cucumber, tomatoe. Limited cereals, plain yoghurt only and fresh apples (bananas only on request). Self service tea & coffee machine. Not a "good morning" from staff!
Evening Entertainment - none!
The hotel public rest rooms are not very private - they are joint male/female - ultra modern in design athesetically pleasing but use toilet divides which are frosted/tinted glass and means you can see the outline of people in the cubicles - say no more!
If you want a kettle in the room then you need to ask for it as this is classed as a special request.
Slope and steps to beach area very steep.
Children use both pools freely despite there being a special "childrens area" so not for those wanting peace and serenity.
Generally an unhospitable and rather "impersonal" ambience about the whole place so not ideal for the solo traveller, like myself. The Reception staff are a real credit to this hotel but most of the time I felt like the invisible guest.

I was considering this hotel for a business conference but the conference rooms do not have natural light.

Room Tip: The ocean view deluxe rooms are in a separate block and have unobstructed views of the bay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Lady-Jane-Louise
Kalaitzidis, Manager at Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear JLRussell,
thank you for taking time to share your experience at Kassandra Bay Hotel. I would like to express personally my apologies for the fact that your stay was not up to your expectations. Nevertheless, i would like to add the following comments:
Hotel is built on amphitheatrical style offering exceptional views to the sea. There are three elevators for clients use to clients dont need to climb stairs up and down. Having a hotel on a flat surface with limited sea view is not better either i guess.
Hotel organises events without neglecting our exisitng clientele.A la carte restaurants are alwasy at clients disposal. For your information hald board is always served in Amvrosia restaurant, same area breaskfast is served. As all buffet and half board there is predeterming time of opening and closure.
Although the hotel hosts some special events areas are not excluded for use from other clients, clients can enjoy a la carte dining in various areas within the hotel.
To my suprprise I read you experience in the Breakfast area. Staff is helpful and welcoming each morning comments of previous travellers verify this pleasant and happy ambiance we strive to create for our guests. Breakfast is American style buffet and all clients are self served like in most hotels over a certain capacity.
Yes rooms do not have kettles but upon request we offer them to our guests. The hotel is ideal for beach holidays, its position couldn't be better than this, directly on the beach and only 3 km away for the city centre. Only a few stone steps to reach the beach and there are ramps available for people with walking difficulties or families with baby trolleys. Wouldn't really characterise the hotel ideal for conferences; the opposite beach holidays is at the forefront here.
Our hotel welcomes versitile clientele ranging from couples to families. We try to enhance our guests experience and combine all concepts always to ours guests best satisfaction.
Your valuable feedback has been taken into consideration and action will be taken, where needed, in order to correct any shortcomings.
We do hope to welcome you back to Kassandra Bay Hotel in the future.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Just returned from Skiathos where I stayed with my wife and grandson for a week at the Kassandra Bay Hotel.We travelled with Olympic on an early morning flight from Manchester and landed in Skiathos around lunch time,where we transferred the suitcases on to the luggage truck.We had paid for a coach transfer to the hotel but were disappointed to find on arrival that we would have to wait another forty-five minutes for the coach to arrive.Eventually,we reached the hotel and were greeted at reception to be told that our luggage had arrived but our room was not ready,so it wasn't the best of starts to our holiday.
Things however,were to get much better and when we were shown to our room we were most impressed.We had booked a superior room and were delighted to find that we had been allocated a really good sized room with plenty of wardrobe spaceair conditioning and a brilliant sea view.On top of that,we found complimentary drinks in the room which included a bottle of wine and a number of soft drinks and bottles of water in the fridge.
We had booked bed and breakfast,which is what we tend to do in Greece because we like to eat out in the evening and this hotel was to suit us down to the ground.The breakfasts,from 08.00-10.30 were on a buffet basis and were most enjoyable with plenty of variety.The staff were very pleasant at breakfast and most helpful.Take your pick from the beach or the two pools for your daily form of relaxation,the beach has plenty of padded sun loungers to choose from as does the pool areas.On the few occasions that we ate lunch at the pool dining areas,we found that the service was a liitle slow and this caused a few frustrated guests to complain to the bar staff.In the evening we travelled into Skiathos Town for dinner via the water-taxi,which picks up from the hotel beach jetty and this is excellent value for the 2.5 euro's fare.We also ate out at the Island's Restaurant which is located next to the hotel and served a delicious swordfish.
The boat trip to Skopelos and Alonissos is good value for money and the bus ride into Koukounaries is not to be missed.
Overall,this is a great hotel for a beach holiday.All the staff are really friendly and most helpful.We had seven nights of quality sleep in comfortable beds,which is worth a lot and I wouldn't hesitate to return.There are a few niggles regarding 5* service but I'm sure this can be improved upon.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor room for the best sea views.
4 Thank tonytd12
Dear Tonytd12,
thank you for taking time to post your review on trip advisor. Your comments are greatly valued and we look forward to welcoming you back to Kassandra Bay Resort soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Just returned from Skiathos on the 8th of June, we have been to this beautiful island before and every time we have stayed in a different hotel for 2 weeks and Kassandra Bay is the best by far. I always read the reviews on Trip advisor and try to find out as much as I can before making a booking. my advice to anyone thinking of making a booking for this hotel is just do it. There are no problems with this hotel, the rooms are spotless clean, the staff are brilliant and the service is great, yes it is a bit expensive for drinks but that goes for any 5 star hotel in the world. room service is great. breakfast has everything you could want.yes the bed was a bit hard so we asked for matress toppers and they were done within minutes.the hotel is situated at bus stop number 8 . a taxi from the hotel into Skiathos town or the harbour costs 7 euros.from the airport 12 euros to koukounares 10 euros. there are hundreds of tavernas, NO Mcdonalds, Burger king,
Kentucky chicken,Pizza hut, just traditional Greek food . every evening we try a different one, the food is amazing everywhere, an average cost for a meal with starter,and main with a half a litre of red or white wine each and water will cost between 50 to 60 euros. here are a couple of places to try Marilyn`s it was Jimmy`s bar last year but has now been refurbished and is amazing. this is just a bar not a restaurant though they do give you for free snacks with your drinks. it is at the very end of the harbour has Happy hour from 6pm to 10 pm a pint of Paulana German draught beer ( the best pint you will find ) will cost 3 euro`s and any cocktail 6 euro`s. when you arrive they give you a drinks list the prices on it are more than I have stated but they are discounted. the veiws of the harbour here are amazing, and you might just see a celebrity or two as we did. say hello to Christos and Christina the young waiters they are great.If you hire a car you may find it difficult to find a parking place in Skiathos town. the bus fare from the hotel to town is 1euro 60 cents and run every half hour,there are 27 bus stops in total and the maximum fare is 2 euro`s .they have a time table at hotel reception. while I am back to telling you about the hotel here are a couple of things not mentioned earlier, If you are disabled or have walking difficulties then it is not the place for you, it is a steep climb to walk out of it on to the main road for the bus stop, the beach is nice but not as good as others on the island, they do supply beach towels for free and change them every other day,yes they have had buzzers fitted to the beach umbrellas but on the days we were on the beach here we pressed them several times but nobody
answered them ( this is a little problem that needs sorting out ) please take note hotel management, freinds we met were sitting at the bar by the swimming pool and they could hear the buzzers but they say they asked what they were and the staff just ignored them ? ? ? we did notice that the people on the beach who ordered food did get drinks as well ( did they have to go to the bar to order it ? ? ? )
There is a restaurant on the same beach as hotel ( not owned by hotel ) we had a nice meal here one night. Would we book to go here again YES we are going again next year and it will be booked in the next few days. Just a final note we have been all over the world on holidays and have been to Greece and her islands on at least 12 holidays and never had a bad one. Skiathos is the best, it is a holiday that you have to chill out on it is beautiful here.I hope this review is a help. Happy Holidays

Room Tip: ask for top floor for a sea view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank minniebenn1
Kalaitzidis, Manager at Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Dear minniebenn1,
thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Kassandra Bay Resort.
We are glad to read that you were satisfied with the quality of services provided in our hotel.
Please accept our apologies for the 'press button' at the beach. Buttons were checked and are working; all other clients you saw were not self-served, they used the button of the umbrella and were served by members of our staff.
We have shared your comments with the entire team and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Kassandra Bay Resort in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The hotel was amazing, we arrived to be kindly greated at reception where we were shown to our marvellous room nicely decorated large and comfortable beds. Then our cases were delievered to our room great. The pools were superb, clean. nice and quite, calm surroundings beautiful views. The bar staff were great and served us quickly and the food and drinks were great with a big choice. The drinks weren't cheap but they were better than other hotels I've stayed at. The breakfast was marvellous good selection evrything could want with staff being very attentive and alwasys clearing your plates after you. As we were half board we also had dinner the food was warm and very tasty, the staff answered questions and helped. They came round and filled up your glass with water, they seemed very polite and interested. The beach was relaxed and comfortable with the loungers although it was quite busy it seeemed completely empty. Amazing. Defenitley would stay again and am hoping to next year.

Dear EllieC,
thank you for taking time to post a review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at Kassandra Bay Resort. We have shared your comments with all the members of our staff. Such comments give us the initiative to keep up the good work and strive for excellence in customer service.
We hope to welcome you back to Kassandra Bay Resort in the future!

Efi Kalaitzidis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vasilias
Atrium Hotel
Kivo Art & Gourmet Hotel
La Piscine Art Hotel
La Piscine Art Hotel
#3 of 85 in Skiathos

Been to Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA? Share your experiences!