“Perfect wedding hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vasilias
Trondheim, Norway
“Perfect wedding hotel”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed on Kassandra Bay for two weeks and got married there in the end of June this year. First of all the rooms were beautiful. All our wedding guest that stayed on the same hotel thought they had got the wedding suite because of the high standard. The rooms were always tidy and cleaned because of the hard working and very nice cleaning ladies. The rest of the staff on the hotel was also very nice and friendly. The food was very good, and the breakfast buffet was large with a wide range of different good food. The only thing I can find to complain about is that it took very long time to order lunch at the poolbar at daytime, and it also took very long time to get food after ordering. But on holiday we do have a lot of time, so this was not a very big problem for us. It was amazing to have our wedding on the hotel. On our first night at the hotel we got free fruit and champagne on the room. On the wedding day all the staff worked hard to make our day perfect. I want to thank Efi and all the staff on the hotel for a great holiday on Skiathos. We will come back. Maria

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MiaMariaRJ
, Manager at Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Maria,
thank you for taking time to post your positive review on trip advisor. We are really glad that the hotel and staff managed to make your wedding day special. I am personally very grateful having contributed to helping you create this wonderful memory and i really hope we have the chance to welcome you again to the Kassandra Bay Hotel in the future and why not for the celebration of your first wedding anniversary.

Efi Kalaitzidis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Greek first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Spent 2 weeks in August at the Kassandra Bay Hotel with my Son, Daughter in Law and Granddaughter. The Hotel, Manager and Staff were absolutely superb, especially Vallia on Reception - I sprained my ankle whilst there and she organised a Doctor to come see me within an hour - brilliant and so caring and attentive afterwards. Also, I have to mention the 'Maid' service. The 'Maid' (Vanessa - I think?) even brought me freshly cut flowers in the mornings and a vase to put them in! My only criticism is that Dinner in the Hotel was disappointing and we only ate there twice - need to improve on that one as there is an excellent Taverna next door! Would also like to mention Dimitris at the Pool Bar - he did a fantastic job under very difficult circumstances, We all had a lovely holiday and hope to return. I have already recommended it to some of my friends.

Sheila

Room Tip: It wasn't noisy at al, so I think whatever you choose will be good.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank SHEILA E
, Manager at Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Dear Sheilae,
thank you for taking time to post your positive comment on trip advisor. We really hope to welcome you again to the Kassandra Bay Hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Just come back from 2 lovely weeks at Kassandra Bay Hotel in Skiathos.
We cannot fault the hotel or staff who were friendly, and couldn't do enough to help, also hard working and really on the ball. Our rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels left, also every 2 days beach towels were changed. This saved a lot on our baggage allowance. The grounds of the hotel are immaculate and the gardens are well tended to. Breakfast was plentiful and the choices were endless! The location was a little way from town but this was stipulated in the brochure. The beach was coarse sand and there was always sunbeds available up until early afternoon at least. The beach servce was excellent this was mainly due to Nikola, who ran around non-stop, pleasant and always with a smile! We have to say a very special thank you to Liana (on Reception) as she made our stay unforgetable...our son (who was with us) proposed to his girlfriend and Liana helped 'big time' to make it an occasion to remember. She arranged for beautiful flowers to be placed in their room, and their room was romantically decorated with petals, ribbons, bucket of ice for Champagne etc every day for a week, also she gave (excellent) advice as to where they should go for their celebratory meal. She also advised us where to eat in town, which we can honestly say we didn't have one bad meal. So a special special thank you Liana, you are a real asset and a gem to the hotel as are all the other reception staff. We hope to be back next year and would definitly book Hotel Kassandra again!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie C
Camborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2011

my husband and i stayed at The kassandra hotel for a week from 31st aug until the 7th sep 2011.... !!!! I would just like to say we have stayed in many hotels around the world and kassandra is my favorite....!!!!! the staff where very friendly and helpful . The beach was very clean , the room was beautifull very clean ....!!! loved it !!! big thank you to all the staff for making our holiday enjoyable .....we will be back same time next year !!!!! john and debbie Gotts... england..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed September 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Kassandra Bay Hotel last week and I must say we were both very pleased with it. Our double sea view room was very nice, although we might have been even more satisfied with a room in the new wing, especially because those rooms must have the nicest sea view. Breakfast was truly excellent (from 7 to 10 am), a lot to choose from! However, we prefered going to breakfast earlier in the morning since it wasn't that crowdy and noisy as it was from 9 to 10 when most guests were there. Very clean hotel, quiet, nice atmosphere and the garden surroundings, also very kind hotel staff...we rented a car for three days to see the Island Skiathos, other days we simply took the bus (bus station is nearby to the hotel) or taxi (we payed 8 EUR to Skiathos town). We also loved the water taxi to Skiathos town (the taxi stops at the Kassandra Bay every hour I believe from 19 to 24pm), which was a 10 min travel, very nice and affordable (2 Eur per person). You can get the schedule for the bus and the water taxi at the hotel reception.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Avincha
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I recently visited the Kassandra Bay Hotel on my honeymoon and had a very enjoyable time. The location of the hotel is very good, the only issue being the distance to the nearest supermarket. If it was a flat walk it would be fine however walking alongside the road on a steep slope is not always fun when trying to transport bottles of water. On the other side it is very easy to get the bus to anywhere else along the route.

The family room we stayed in was very nice and it was cleaned every day to a good standard. The balcony was very spacious for us and it had a lovely view out to see which we very much enjoyed.

The swimming pools were both very nice and the beach was fine, not really comparable to the likes of Koukounaries beach but was nice and clear water with free sunbeds.

However, the big problem was the service. I truly believe that good service is not hard to achieve and the hotel staff did not even attempt to reach this. The pool bar staff are terminally slow at bothering to come and take your order and we mostly had to stand up and make our way to the bar before they bothered to break away from chatting and do their job. Equally, trying to get the bill was torturous at times too. The pool bar food was good however as stated in other reviews, far too expensive. Breakfast was the complete reverse and they rushed to clear your table before you finished eating, making you feel like you were a real inconvenience and in fact did take a plate from me whilst I was still actively eating a pastry off it. The final straw realy was the Greek BBQ night which for my opinion I could not recommend against more highly sadly. The food was a lukewarm buffet with meat that was mostly just fat and we were not only charged over ten euros for a small bottle of ouzo but we had to wait 35 minutes after arriving to order drinks, and only when we collared someone did they bother to take our order. I truly felt I was in the way and they were unfriendly and unhelpful, luckily for me we only paid for breakfast but I think the hotel needs to seriously rethink the way in which the staff interact with guests if they want to continue being considered a '5 star' resort.

This aside, I genuinely enjoyed my stay at the hotel as I was able to minimise my interaction with the above and it is a lovely place to come and relax and is very well situated for both ends of the island and the water taxi into Skiathos town was particularly good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel T
, Manager at Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear DanielT,
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and we truly appreciate your comments in a continuous attempt to improve.
We are sorry to hear that our buffet dinner and overall service did not meet your expectations, despite our efforts. We do believe that your comments do hide some degree of exaggeration due to the fact that the overall clientele is satisfied with the service provided, especially during breakfast. Waiters rushing during peak hours in the breakfast room is only natural when the hotel is full and clients need to be served.
Nevertheless, we have taken your comments into account and consider taking action on relevant matters.
Looking forward to welcoming you again to the Kassandra Bay Hotel.

uk
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Loved staying at this hotel and i would love to come back next year! However i wont come back, my holiday depends on a good swimming pool as i have sensative skin and sea water makes my skin itchy, i was horrified on my first day to find out the pool was sea water. This was not mentioned on the hotel website or by First Choice, shame as i was 100% happy with everything else

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Suzyted,
It is always a pleasure for us to receive positive comments from our guests and we appreciate you taking the time to share these through TripAdvisor. We would like to inform you that it is clearly stated in our hotel website that the water is salty and this is due to the fact as already explained in previous reviews that there is no water provision in the island. The hotel needs to find its own resources from land drills and although water is being elaborated and desalinated its salty flavour cannot be totally excluded.
We really hope to welcome you again to the Kassandra Bay Hotel in the future.

Efi Kalaitzidis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vasilias
Atrium Hotel
Kivo Art & Gourmet Hotel
La Piscine Art Hotel
La Piscine Art Hotel
#3 of 85 in Skiathos

Been to Kassandra Bay Resort & SPA? Share your experiences!