“Worth a look”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Agia Paraskevi
London, United Kingdom
“Worth a look”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were staying as a couple for a 4 day trip for a wedding and were there with mostly Greek friends. We stayed in a suite.

The welcome was laid back and although not overwhelmingly friendly was good enough.

This hotel is immediately opposite the Princess hotel and you can walk to the beach there and its restaurants in five minutes. This makes up for the poor breakfast in this hotel and absent kitchen otherwise (the pool food here is mediocre at best). It is also well situated for other beaches.

The room was comfortable and while you do not get a 5 star service nor do you pay for it. Indeed I think the service was better than I would expect for the very reasonable tariff. The room was spacious and clean with a large, clean bathroom and a second toilet. The bed was comfortable and the view was over the pool and sea from the balcony. The complimentary wifi worked on the balcony but not in the room.

The pool is small but clean and pleasant. The lobby is also comfortable and there are two computers there with internet if you need them.

My only complaint was that when we asked for a late checkout by a few hours in the afternoon we were told it would cost a 50% of the tariff. Nobody had booked the room for that night so it was too much - we declined and used the pool showers and changing room to wash up before our flight. This was actually fine.

In spite of the lack of flexibility over the room extension I would happily stay here again as it was a reasonable price, comfortable, clean and well situated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrew C

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Greek first
Verona, Italy
Reviewed August 26, 2013

With my wife have spent 1 week in this very beautiful hotel. The room was large and clean, the people in the hotel are very kind and available to help you for everything. The position of the hotel is perfect to stay in the best beaches during the day, and move to Skiathos night in the evening. The breakfast is essential but good quality on a see view terrace.

Room Tip: See view rooms are quite noise due to the main road in front at the hotel. Problem solved by keeping...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

First time I've ever written a review for somewhere i've stayed!

From the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming, friendly, relaxed, and highly informative. We stayed here after reading the other reviews on this site, I'm so glad we weren't disappointed. We were in Skiathos for a family wedding, and staying at the magic made this a breeze. The family run nature of this hotel means it doesn't suffer from vanilla staff, instead you get passionate people wanting the best for your holiday. The rooms are always spotless, with great views. The breakfast is lovely, and certainly starts your day right!

Don't hesitate about booking at the Magic Hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Francis1988
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel is a wonderful place to stay on an island that is becoming very commercialised. Family owned in a good central point on the island, it provided a great escape from the hustle & bustle of the tourist crowds. The staff were friendly and most obliging to our requests and it had good traditional Greek foods on the restaurant menu.
Comfortable rooms with balcony and terrific views and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: For the best views you have to get rooms on higher levels. Just means a few extra steps to walk up.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
westminster,co
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I debated whether or not to stay here after reading a lot of reviews from different websites. Boy am I glad we did. I want to say right off the bat that having a car or some sort of motorized vehicle would definitely be helpful but not a must. It is on a steep hill with amazing views. The owners put a lot of thought into details for this hotel. One example steps a long the drive way up to the rooms makes it a lil easier if walking. The manger Monica runs the hotel like a well oiled machine. Most the staff is Romanian and have worked there for several years and know what there doing. Also helpful since my wife is Romanian. Made it very easy to communicate when ordering anything. Many Romanians work on Skiathos. The owner Nikos ( degree in hotel management) personally walked us to our room on check-in and showed us how everything worked. We got room 201 overlooking the pool with livingroom, two bathrooms, balcony with two doors one in living room and one in the bedroom. Theres a sliding door to seperate the bedroom and livingroom. The living had a really nice chair and a couch that also turned into a extra bed if needed. The entertainment center was a little outdated ( cassette tape radio) and old school 80's TV (worked well considering it's age). Bedroom entertainment a little more updated with Flatscreen Tv mounted on the wall. Bed had a awesome four post bed frame which we enjoyed a lot. Bed it self was a little outdated but not the worst I slept on this trip. There also upgrading this room over the winter for next summer, so it should be a lot nicer, which would be hard to do. The master bath was very big and clean with a Jacuzzi tub ( I recommended they get rid of it for next summer I hope they listen) jacuzzi tubs are worthless. Especially on an Island as nice as Skiathos. They definitely could use a shower curtain, we got water all over without even trying. Makes for more work for everyone including the staff. Our bedroom had a very nice dresser and closet for lots of storage. The balcony had table and chairs with an ash tray and two lounge chairs (we used to lay out in the buff, it was invigorating). It also comes with a laundry stand incase you need to do laundry (which we did) or dry your swim suits. It was also very private with amazing views of the sea. I think almost every room has a great view ( some a little better than others but still great).
The Architecture of this hotel and the way it's layed out was very thought out. The steps have light switches for night time. Theres trash cans all over for trash. Theres easy access to the reception with stairs through out the hotel. The pool area is amazing with actually two pools. Theres a small hidden(sort of) kids pool below the main pool. Next to the pool is a nice little pool table area in doors with big open window. Pool area was run very well by Alina also from Romania. She ran the pool like a pro and babysitted the managers kid at the same time and never missed a beat. She's also pretty good pool player. Another example of the little things is they have a couple of boxes of pool and beach toys they offer for free to guests that they've collected over the years. They also provide beach towels and umbrellas for free, just check them out with Manager on duty. One other thing I liked was they have bathrooms just below the pool for guest with showers. Thee pool was very refreshing not too cold or hot, just right. Jacuzzi was a little on the cool side but your in Skiathos so who cares.
The reception and lounge area are all in the same building as breakfast. Just behind the reception is avery nice lounge with free internet service and small library. The breakfast area also has amazing views ( reaccuring theme). This is important to me. I traveled all over Europe in a month and this hotel has the best Breakfast by far than any hotel I've stayed at in Years. It was fresh everyday and mixed up a little everyday. The staff was so great there aren't words. I don't ever eat breakfast at hotels but here I ate breakfast everyday and looked forward to it. I can't say enough about the staff, there amazing.
I loved every minute we stayed the Magic hotel. Monica and Nikos definitely know what there doing and are open to suggestions. I hope to stay here every year in the future but I live to far away, but if I could I would. I miss this place very much. They made me feel at home. I looked at the other hotels I was going to stay at while I was here because I had a car. I'm glad I chose the Magic hotel. There restaurant right down the road is equally great with the same staff from the hotel. They don't like to advertise that so keep it a secret (kidding, really they don't). Thank you everyone at the Magic for an amazing time on Skiathos. Thanks for taking time to read this.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The view is great, the stuff is polite and helpfully. Nice location. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The balcony has a great view. The breakfast could satisfy any taste! It's ideal for any traveller ( couples family singles)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we visit Magic Hotel. Monica and Nikos are trully lovely, helpful people and will take care of their guests and their needs. Rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. Restaurant is also good with a very nice view. Mosquitos and wasps can be a little annoying but ... this is typical for summer season on a nice green island.

Many Thanks for taking care of us Monica and Niko!

• Stayed July 2013
#3 of 12 in Koukounaries
Bourtzi Boutique Hotel
Bourtzi Boutique Hotel
#1 of 13 in Skiathos Town

Been to Magic Hotel? Share your experiences!