“Beautiful relaxing hotel, deserves the 5 stars.”

Skiathos Princess Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Agia Paraskevi
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a wonderful holiday at the princess. I, like other reviewers had been transferred by Thomas Cook at the last minute to this hotel as the Kivo hotel was overbooked. On reading reviews I was a little concerned it would feel a large hotel as I prefer the feel of a boutique smaller hotel. I have to say the hotel was beautiful and thoughtfully designed with well presented areas to sit and I liked both the beach restaurant and pool bar. We had a room on the 3rd floor in the premier block and the room was lovely with great sea views. It was nice to have the choice of a day round the pool or at the beach and there were always plenty of free sunbeds at no cost.

In the day you could wonder down the beach and there was an independent beach bar with plenty of cold beers and sandwiches.

I thought the location was ideal with the bus stop (16) right aside. It was a 10 minute bus ride into the town and well worth going in for evenings with a great choice of restaurants. Would recommend the windmill, amazing views, Lo & La and Ergon.

Kivo should take some tips from the Princess on customer service. I could not fault the hotel and will certainly be returning. Especially for the Cocktails!

Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Sally M

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My understanding of hotel classifications by the Greek Tourist Board is that they are very similar to classifications by other European countries in that stars are awarded for the range of facilities found within a hotel and not necessarily for the quality of those facilities although obviously there are guide lines for minimum standards. The Skiathos Princess HAS all the facilities for it's 5 star classification and I have to say excellent standards prevail.
I did, however, experience a slight problem with wine ordered for dinner as I prefer to drink only a half bottle per evening but there are no arrangements for the hotel to store the unfinished bottle overnight. It was explained to me that this was in order to comply with Greek tax laws in that wine had to be consumed on the day that the tax was paid. This even though the wine was charged to my room and actually paid for on the date of my departure!!! The problem was easily overcome by drinking wine by the glass.
As mentioned, there were excellent standards and not least in the quality of the staff. Not only was their English perfect, but all were good at their jobs and selected for their helpful personalities. They are all an asset to the hotel.
As many reviews have mentioned the quality and choice of food was very good and I particularly liked the fact that you were served in a number of cases by the chef responsible for preparing some of the dishes. I do enjoy fish and it was a pleasure to have my selected fish filleted in front of me. I am not a desert person but the deserts on display were perhaps the best I have ever encountered and again a pleasure to by served by the chefs responsible.
I have to say that I found the costs of drinks very reasonable and certainly far cheaper than in a 5 star establishment in the UK. Also bear in mind service was provided by Andrianna, Theana and Katerina ,a trio of charming waitresses
Sun beds by the pool were very comfortable but when it became too hot I often wandered down to the beach where there were numerous sun beds and a very pleasant breeze. Sea was crystal clear albeit not warmed up as yet in early June. The Taverna at the beach is hotel owned and here again the staff most helpful
I found no problems at all with the reception staff and my room charges were spot on!. Gloria and Kristine were charming Guest Relation Managers.
Finally a word on Gentleman's Dress code. I have stayed at many 4/5 star hotels throughout Europe and it is my expectation that I should wear long trousers at Dinner. After all chaps our good Ladies always make the effort so why shouldn't we and please understand you are in a quality establishment.
We may well return for another visit next year

(review submitted by swimward@sky.com)

4  Thank Terry W
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Just returned from 11 days here at this lovely place. The hotel and rooms are beautiful, the pool area and beach are lovely, but be aware if you have mobility problems, there is NO LIFT!
We requested a top 4th floor deluxe sea-view room before we realised there was no lift. We were allocated a room of our choice eventually by agreeing to use a ramp at the side of the hotel. This can also be used for some 3rd floor rooms. The top 2 floors seem to have recently been refurbished and are lovely. The bed was a bit hard and gave me back ache, but when they push the twin beds together they put a nice soft mattress across the 2 beds and it was much more comfortable. The guest rep, Georgia is fantastic, any problem she will sort it!
There are no tea making facilities or face flannels provided as is normal in a 5 star hotel bedroom. The food isn't 5 star either, so in our opinion, this is a good 4 star hotel.
We were B and B, so we could go out to tavernas at night. We had the hotel buffet the first night because we didn't feel like going out after the journey. We didn't do it again as the cost was 74euros (with wine) Meals in tavernas are half that price and much better! The best taverna we went to was a taxi ride (8euros) to Kanapitsa, quite a smart place beside the beach, but you need to book (2427021191). Other recommended restaurants; Platanias and Jimmys

Room Tip: De luxe sea-view rooms avoiding steps 460-469, also some 3rd floor rooms using the ramp
5  Thank JeannieChester
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Just returned from 10 nights at this amazing hotel. Had room 461 top floor beautiful sea views. The door (as previously mentioned) was not solid, but hey your on holiday, a little road noise
at night!!! have a drink don't hear a thing. Food amazing, too much choice, puddings to die for.
breakfast or dinner overlooking the agean bliss Towels, sheets changed EVERY day, even pop by at 6-7 asking if you want fresh for morning????? Free beds on beach a 2minute walk from pool..Beach towels can change as often in a day as you wish. Bus stop to skiathos town outside reception front door cost 1.60 euros each way or same to other beaches. Skiathos town buzzes
at night. Cannot recommend this hotel enougth

Room Tip: The bat block gets the sun in a morning and has the best views
3  Thank bats060448
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This was our 3nd time stay at the Princess and overall had a good hoilday, We stay in Delux Double Sea view room (468) which was clean and spacious, but very close to the road some rooms have new doors which I am surewould help but our room still had a old door ,this was not a problem for us but I did hear no people asking to be moved. Overall staff are very friendly and hard working. After a few days the hotel brought in a new Dress Code(smart casual) this was pointed out to my husband who was in a shirt knee length shorts and leather sandles We were then told that he should wear long trousers and full shoes . I explained that this was not stated on thier website ( they added this the following day) or on any of the travel company websites . I discussed this the following day with our Rep who had to agree with me that this was new to them and that they had no prior notice of this . My husband had no long trousers or full shoes with him I would agree with the hotel that people should be smart when in the the restaurant but Smart Casual is open to interpretation ! The food in the restaurant was excellent but there seemed to be some table resverving going on, a number of tmes we were told that there was no free tables when there clearly was maybe this was due to the dress code. In the past we have found the hotel to be laid back and chilled but the problem we had has left us feeling that this will be our last stay here

10  Thank margliverpool
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Returned from a stay at the Princess the hotel which has some good points such as location and most of the staff try hard to please that said this hotel is 3 star at best.We upgraded to sea view room but found that it was only a few feet away from the road and after a few nights the lack of sleep took its toll. This coupled with the fact that they brought in dress code which men should wear long trousers and no opened shoes when we pointed out that this was not stated in their or any other website the the response was poor,this left my partner very upset .There is no A/C in the dinning room and was very warm in june so it it is only going to become much hotter .

Room Tip: one away from the road
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
11  Thank elizabeth F
SantikosHotelsResort, General Manager at Skiathos Princess Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Elizabeth F,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We would like to know why categorize the hotel as a 3star and we are sorry you felt that way. We want to make sure that every guest enjoys their stay and every comment makes us better.

The fact that we have a dressing code at the restaurant is a 5 star hotel standard and its clearly stated at our website. AC is available in Basilico Buffet Restaurant and is 100% functional.

Your room that you stayed at is a Deluxe Double Room with sound proof doors that cover any noise.

Because your opinion matters, could you send us an additional e-mail or message with further explanations why the hotel, in your opinion, does not cover the 5 star requirements because the dress code is a 5 star requirement.

I hope you return as our guest soon in one of our properties

Best Regards,

Konstantinos Santikos

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were rescued by Skiathos Princess and Thomson holidays from a messed up booking by Kivo Hotel (see reviews!) What a lucky break! Skiathos Princess has now moved up to first position in our best hotels ever.
Richly deserved 5 star rating. Clean, spacious room with sea view. Excellent restaurant (we were half board) with wide choice of breakfasts including freshly made omelettes and also fresh crepes. The pastry chef makes all of the bread and croissants for the hotel every day.
Take lunch at Pr Ammos beach restaurant, superbly run by Marios, good range of food cooked to order, including one of the best risotto's I have had anywhere. Nancy the supervisor is a real joy.
Evening meals had as standard fresh soup, roast, grill and deserts every day. The restaurant staff were the best we have ever found. Special mentions to (but not limited to...) Rafaela, Rania - the eagle, Dwra, Simos, Marinos (waiting staff) Kristina, young Harry Potter (omelettes), Angeliki (soup), Theophilus (manager). Not forgetting the very lovely Georgia (guest relations). Reception staff were all friendly and efficient. Housekeeping staff - superb.
Plenty of good quality beds at the beach and round the pool. Fantastic beach.
It doesn't get any better than this. Thank you for a wonderful holiday. Note for Kivo, this is how a hotel should be run.

Room Tip: Sea view is a real plus.
3  Thank David M
#3 of 6 in Agia Paraskevi
La Piscine Art Hotel
La Piscine Art Hotel
#2 of 84 in Skiathos

Been to Skiathos Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!