“Another Amazing Holiday”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Agia Paraskevi
UK
“Another Amazing Holiday”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Our second time at the Skiathos Princess and even better then I remembered.. the beach is immaculate, we stayed in a deluxe bay view double, extremely comfortable and clean. The staff here are so polite and attentive but still friendly that you do not want to leave the hotel! The only thing that would improve this hotel is if it were adult only!!

Room Tip: Ask for a matress topper if the bed is to hard for you
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank marnad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Greek first

Breakfast
Staff
Beach
Pool Area
Pool bar and day time snack menu

The Bad -
Beach was often sectioned off to accommodate weddings
Decking around pool in poor state of repair in some areas
Rooms could have been cleaner

The Ugly -
I travelled with my parents, my brother and his girlfriend, as a single female I was not given a room that neighboured any of my party and when I requested this I was told it was not possible, I also couldn't have a room in the main hotel building and the open path that led to my room was poorly lit on an evening and apart from a chicken ŵire fence was open to the main road. It was a very quiet main road of an evening so noise wasn't a problem and whilst I accept Skiathos is an extremely safe island I didn't feel 100% safe returning to my room on an evening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Pippann
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Disappointing rooms that required a good scrub, moved rooms twice until we settled for a not bad room that we cleaned ourselves,the ground floor rooms are very dark and are visited by the many hotel cats all wanting to leave a scent on your towels,the beach and bars are open to the public which gave me room security concerns.
However by far the biggest problem was aggressive oaps on package holidays clearing the buffet like a plague of locust,their abrupt manner around the hotel was embarrassing.

• Stayed September 2013
10 Thank Elefantmans
Bucuresti, Caras-Severin, Romania
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Its not a new hotel but offers to the clients very good conditions for relaxing.the rooms are great the breakfast very various and excellent service and the beach taverna offers a good variety of greek fodd. But the spa is medium....range

• Stayed September 2013
8 Thank GMPETROS
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good points: excellent cabaret, lovely individual garden with swing seat, spacious room with lovely bathroom, stylish decor with comfy sofas
Average points: breakfast - plenty of variety, location - very close to bus stop, good choice of local tavernas, situated on the beach, but the latter unexceptional, very narrow with sunbeds crammed in
Poor points: hotel spoiled by being a wedding venue requiring 7 days prior residence - we were probably unlucky but it meant the hotel was overpopulated with Scousers in vests with tattoos; hotel Spa prohibitively expensive with no promotions to entice you in (beach massage by oriental girls much better value); anyone not there for the wedding seemed to be on a Saga holiday; disappointing food, staff lacked sparkle; fish restaurant beautifully located on beach but not affordable;
Conclusion: acceptable but not memorable

Room Tip: Garden room has own patio and swing seat but no sea view; rooms situated higher up have balconies
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank 19Oldgoat
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I must admit I was a bit worried about what to expect based on some reviews. I can see why some may say 4* not a 5* hotel but then it is all relative to what you want and where you are. I want somewhere clean and that is exactly what I got. The first thing that hit me in the reception area was the smell of lilies and was struck by how clean it was. I like a soft mattress and based on previous reviews, I expected we would have one that I would find too hard. Don't know whether it was because I was too tired to notice after a full day of sun and enjoyment, but I found the bed really comfortable and had a really good nights sleep, Food was more than adequate with plenty of selection. I am having withdrawal symptoms from the yoghurt and honey for breakfast! Trying without success to replicate at home,
You should find something you like. We went on half board and following previous reviews wondered whether we should have had b&b. However, after having a meal in the Mediteranean Restaurant in Skiathos town we realised we could do worse than having our meals in the hote. After that and having paid for the half board, we decided to have all our meals in the hotel. If your holiday is planned around eating then maybe b&b would be for you but by the end of a holiday food is not our priority and we had more than enough to satisfy us As stated in another review-lose some weight before you go to this hotel. We were stuffed after every meal,
I may be easily pleased, but the setting is outstanding. We preferred the beach-but that is a personal preference as I always look for good beach over the pool. That said, the pool is really good and not many in the pool swimming at any time. This could be because we went in September and not too many children around. I intended to read several books but instead, lay on a lounger with the waves landing a few inches from my feet and was just happy to stare at the view with the sound of the sea gently lapping onto the beach.
Drinks can be expensive - 2.5 Euros for half pint ( 3 euros in he local taverna) Cocktails 6.5 euros - but I must admit I got hooked on the cocktails and after the first one threw caution to the wind and had 1 or 2 more- after all I was on holidays.
We had planned to see a lot of the island and indeed we did go on 3 boat trips. These did not take in Skiathos but neighbouring islands and the Greek mainland. However, after going to Koukenaries, which was a lovely beach, we decided to stay on our hotel beach as we thought it would be difficult to beat.
Skiathos town is a lovely little town. We have loads we did not see and have a really good excuse to go back and we will hopefully. We would return to the Skiathos Princess. We had a Superior Sea View on the 4th floor. It has been said that there is traffic noise on this level. Yes, we did hear the odd vehicle go past in the distance but there is not really a lot of traffic at night time so no bother. We would go back to this room no problem. As stated previously -not 5 star in the sense of the poshest hotels in Britain but you are not in Britain- you are in Greece-Mamma Mia land- and I go a lot on the smell of a place. As soon as I walked into our room I was satisfied. Smelt clean and everytime we went into the room we could smell the lovely aroma of the toiletries left in the bathroom. The women who cleaned the rooms could not do enough to help you, and the same applied to the staff in the restaurant. Skiathos is a beautiful island and Aghia Paraskevi -(bus stop 16) is conveniently situated in the middle of a bus route that takes you from one end of the Island (Koukenaries bus stop 26) and Skiathos Town (0-4). Fares cheap 1.6 Euros from one end of island to the other and we had no problems with overcrowding. The one occasion it was crowded, we waited for next bus only about 10 minutes later. We always felt safe at night time.
Give it a try- I don't think you will be disappointed- unless of course you are expecting the same luxury that Simon Cowell enjoys.

Room Tip: Only really saw our room and had a really good view as we were high up on top floor in a Superior Se...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank sandra c
Hampshire
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Spent 2 weeks at the skiathos princess on b&b. Hotel has a great location for local tavernas, bus stop midway long coast, walking and beach. Although the hotel is 5 star, we have been to much better, it is like a 4 Star. The rooms have slippers, robes, good toiletries, and fluffy towels, however ours was looking a little tired the paintwork and soft furnishings needed attention. The breakfast had a good range of food. Sunbeds around the pool were very comfy, sprung base and thick pad, also beach sunbeds were ok. The only downside is that the hotel has conference rooms and does wedding packages, any large groups stand out a mile as this hotel is not large and they tend to take over the place. Overall great location, good hotel on a beautiful island.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Magic Hotel
Magic Hotel
#3 of 6 in Agia Paraskevi
Kivo Art & Gourmet Hotel

Been to Skiathos Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!