We stayed at the Ostria several years ago (2003 and 2004). We retuned this year (2009) and again thoroughly enjoyed out stay there. The Ostria provides good, clean, basic but comfortable accommodation. The kitchen is perhaps on the small side if you do cook but with so many nice Tavernas close by why bother?? It is a family run hotel and they could not be more helpful and friendly making staying there a real pleasure. The hotel is set back off the road in its own grounds giving it a really peaceful feeling yet being only a minutes walk from the nearest supermarket and Taverna. The pool area is clean and well kept with modern comfortable wooden sun loungers with thick padded cushions. Sadly this seems to be underused. Most likely I suspect because the beach is only 5 minutes walk away. If you prefer the pool to the beach, then you will like this pool area. The pool snack bar serves the usual snacks you would expect to find and the prices are comparable with elsewhere. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. We will certainly be retuning.
Package tours are now run by Thomson and they don’t seem to do a lot of the regional airports that Kosmar used to. But if you can book a flight only (we did from Newcastle) then you can also book the hotel independently through their website at www.hotelostria.gr. A taxi from the airport will cost 15 euros and takes about 10 -15 minutes.
Agia Paraskevi is a quiet resort situated about halfway along the island. There is a good selection of Tavernas all within easy level walking distance of each other. Our favourite is the Green Park. The Alvi is also worth a try in our opinion.
There are also 3 or 4 supermarkets, the closest being right in front of the hotel.
If you are looking for riotous, raucous nightlife, this is NOT the place for you. If you are looking for a quiet Greek resort with a nice beach and friendly locals then this is DEFINITELY the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Ostria is located in a magical green landscape by the bay of Agia Paraskevi. It is situated 6 km from Skiathos town-port & just 50 m from the sea. Hotel Ostria is made up of 23 apartments and studios accommodating from 2 to 4 persons, which are superbly and tasty furnished. The hotel is organized to offer you unforgettable holidays. There is a 10,000 square metres wonderful garden around the hotel, ideal for a romantic escape and for family holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Bookgreece.com so you can book your Ostria Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ostria Hotel And Apartments
- Ostria Hotel & Apartments Skiathos/Agia Paraskevi