“good trip down memory lane”

Montacute TV Radio Toy Museum
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Montacute
torquay
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“good trip down memory lane”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

very decieving from the outside looks small but then you start going round the museum and will be amazed by the membrobilla brought many memories of forgotten years but well worth it the only critiscm was the wait in the tea rooms

Visited May 2013

Montacute, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nostaligic trip into childhood”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The museum is like the Tardis, it gets bigger and bigger. Packed with everything from Radio and T.V. I kept saying Ooh I remember that and I had forgotten all about this. Every turn and every display pulled the levers and took me back to my childhood. Loved every minute.

Visited May 2012
Yeovil, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Alice in Wonderland”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Just a small things private museum with things of yesteryear. Mainly radio and tv items. Lovely courtyard gardens, teashop with homemade food. A couple of hours well spent.

Worcestershire
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Don't be deceived by the exterior - excellent”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This looks like a small house from the front. As we paid £22 for our family entry I was questioning my sanity! However, I enjoyed the next 90 minutes looking at old TVs, about 600 old radios and memorabilia from decades of TV programmes. My kids (13 and 11) were happy for about an hour and when the Doctor Who exhibition opens properly next year (full size replica of the tardis console) I suspect a fair bit longer could have been spent here.
The exhibition looks like the private collection of a fanatic and in truth I suspect it is, but it was really interesting and quirky and money well spent. Don't go here if the eclectic doesn't appeal to you!

Visited June 2012
Weymouth, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience for young and old”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This is an amazing collection of old TVs, radios and memorabilia from radio and TV programmes. Nostalgic to the adults and interesting for the children, we all thoroughly enjoyed our visit here for a walk down memory lane. Unusual, eclectic but certainly fun. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2012