“The best lunch we have had in the UK”

Little Barwick House
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Barwick
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had the perfect lunch at Little Barwick House.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the service was impeccable, warm and friendly.

We had drinks outside in the lovely grounds, then the best lunch we have ever had in the UK, and definitely makes our top 4 in the World.

Every course was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious - perfection on a plate. Accompanied by fine House wine.

We opted for puddings, but it was hard to turn down the cheese board which had the ‘Wow’ factor, I have never seen a better selection of cheeses.

This was such a memorable meal, thank you Little Barwick House.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (252)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My goodness me, outstanding is a good word to start with.
How have I lived my whole life local to this place and not known it existed.
Little Barwick house is a smaller restaurant preferring quality over quantity.
10 of us went out and 10 of us were overwhelmed by the quality of the food cooked to perfection and served by super attentive staff that could not do enough to help.
I had scallops for starters, they literally melted in your mouth.
Lamb for main course that was packed with flavor and then the cheese board for pudding. I couldn't decide so asked the waitress to choose for me as she had super knowledge of them, I was not disappointed with her choice and the quantity.
All in all possibly the best restaurant I have ever visited.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 4, 2019

We have used this Restaurant for many years for special occasions and have never been disappointed. The Hostess is charming and the Chef (her Husband ) produces excellent food. to meet a varied Menu in comfortable surroundings..

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

We hadn't been for several years but won't waiting too long to return!
Food was delicious, staff were charming.
Great choice on the menu...I'd love to have the opportunity to try a tasting menu if it's ever an option
Portions just right, well seasoned (not too much)
Excellent coffee and petit fours to finish.
Already planning our next visit

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 24, 2019

This is a hidden gem. Over the years, we have celebrated key events, or just come for a special treat, and it never, ever disappoints. LBH is a characterful Georgian dower house, full of period charm and peacefully located in gentle Somerset countryside. The service is extremely efficient, welcoming, courteous and well-informed - nothing is too much trouble; there is great attention to detail in the rooms - fresh milk rather than UHT cartons, home-made shortbread and top of the range bedding - total comfort. And the food is exquisite; perfect in every respect. We cannot recommend this place too highly - it ranks as one of our favourite places ever.

Date of visit: August 2019