All reviews dvd player the main house lovely hotel lounge area new building mini bar saturday night staff were attentive business trip room was large main course spa facilities breakfast was excellent plenty of parking full english lakes goats
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

On third visit to Lanes for afternoon tea we found ourselves rather disappointed this time. The service was excellent. However despite being advised that the scones were plain and fruit, they were all fruit. Apart from the delicious lemon tarts all the cakes were heavy or fruity. Not a good selection at all. No sponge or chocolate at all. Our teenagers preferred the sandwiches to the cakes, that is unusual.
Sure you can do better next time.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Shaun W, Owner at Lanes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Thank you for posting a review. You are absolutely correct that the afternoon tea offering was not as per our usual standard. This was the result of a misunderstanding in the kitchen that has now been rectified. I agree that to offer both fruitcake and parkin (both of which are delicious) on the same plate is far too heavy, we have now substituted one of these items with financiers, a sponge based cake. I'm also sorry that you were misinformed about the scones. We currently only offer fruit scones with plain scones only on prior request. I am sorry that we have disappointed you but I'm also sure that we can make it up to you next time you visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

A family lunch for 4; some of us had the set menu, some didn’t but all four meals were delicious and well cooked. The waitress was kind, welcoming and friendly. The atmosphere was relaxed and it was good value for money. I’d definitely recommend Lanes Hotel!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Shaun W, Owner at Lanes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed lunch with us. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Friendly and helpful staff. The room with a garden view was clean and well appointed with the exception of a lack of shaving point. Hotel grounds well kept, peaceful and relaxing.with varied seating areas Let down by very poor breakfast and dining area. Tables scratched and uncovered. Food cold and nowhere to put the covers for the trays containing the food. Lack of heating under the hot food containers. Table cloths would have solved scruffy dining tables.

Room Tip: Request a garden view.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review. I was pleased to read that you mostly enjoyed the hotel. I am sorry that the breakfast buffet appears not to have been up to standard when you visited. I will ensure that this is dealt with in the future. Although we offer a hot buffet at weekends, mainly for guests' convenience, we are always happy to provide a cooked breakfast from the kitchen on request. I do hope that we see you again.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

Went here last night for dinner and wow...it was amazing!! The staff were amazing and the food exquisite! Would definitely recommend to anybody in the local area! Did see they have entertainment on from time to time so may even return next time for that!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Shaun W, Owner at Lanes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Thank you for your kind review, we are all really pleased that you enjoyed dinner at Lanes. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

A great hotel to be based for work. I was in the new building which isn’t picturesque but it is perfectly adequate. The room was very hot though so be sure to ask reception to bring up a fan.
The restaurant was really good & i was very impressed with the meals i had there.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Shaun W, Owner at Lanes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Thanks for taking the time out to post a review. We really appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you again soon.