“New Years Eve”
Review of Lanes Hotel

Lanes Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Coker
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We shared a two bed apartment style room, great room and service. food also first class would recommend this hotel in small village as a base to explore this area. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We spent three nights at this very stylish hotel in West Coker, Somerset.The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Our room, peaceful and perfectly placed in a separate building from the main hotel for easy access to the gym and treatment rooms. A lovely relaxing hour spent having a massage. The food in the restaurant was very good. I would highly recommend a visit and we hope to be back very soon for another relaxing break.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne G
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed only the one night but wished we had been able to stay longer.
Cant wait to go back again.
The check in was easy once we had found the reception table next to the lovely fireplace.
It was nice to actually be shown to your room rather than just be given directions.
The room itself was extremely spacious and had all the facilities you could want including a docking station and dvd player. I'll remember to bring my star wars dvds next time! the room was very modern , something that we enjoy and the room colours relaxing. The room looked very clean so no complaints there. We stayed in room 17 "next door" which had a view over the garden , unfortunately we didnt have the time to have a wander round plus the weather wasnt very kind to us but that didnt matter. I cant fault the hotel, all the staff we came across were friendly. We walked over to the main hotel for some drinks in the evening which were well priced, again the bar staff were friendly. It seemed there were several locals in the bar as they were known by name. Usually , my girlfriend doesnt like going to bars where everyone seems to know each other as she can feel out of place and unwelcome and intruding but that wasnt the case.
Breakfast was wonderful.
We had the full english which included some excellent rashers of bacon. Nice thick cut slices ...sorry, starting to get hungry! Again, the service was excellent and very prompt.
We definitely would recommend this hotel to everyone . Keep up the excellent customer service and we'll see you in dec 14 if not sooner !

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gossemar
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have been visiting this hotel for a few years and I would like to tell you how nice it is to stay at the hotel or as an extra treat have afternoon tea,lunch or dinner.
My daughter and her husband live in the area and soon after it opened I was taken for the first time.
So much thought has been given to the planning and furnishing of the hotel with a modern look inside but outside stays in keeping with the quaintness of the village.
The moment one walks into the hotel a warm welcome awaits each guest from each member of staff. The lounge and bar area is spacious and a lovely fireplace surrounds a welcoming fire.
Rooms are spacious and tastefully furnished with the lovely touches of mini bar,large tv and DVD player and free wifi.The bathrooms are spacious and well fitted.
There is a gym and a spa area with sauna and jacuzzi , lovely way to start the day or before getting ready for dinner.
I have had some really delicious dinners on previous visits to be recommended to all.
On my recent visit we arrived on Christmas morning. We felt so welcome as we mingled with many guests who were there for the Christmas lunch.We had a champagne welcome and then we were shown to the bright lovely dining room.The menu was wonderful, catering for all tastes.Our choices were perfect and the staff were so attentive to us all throughout the entire meal.
Coffee was served in the lounge areas and we all felt we were guests in a lovely home, not a hotel.
After a rest and some had a walk we returned to the hotel for drinks, chat and later a delicious buffet was available for those who wished to eat more tasty food.
Breakfast is always good in this hotel and Boxing Day was so good too.
Time to leave is difficult but I always try to have another date to return, so the next visit can be written in the diary.
The owners give so much to make each guest welcome and comfortable and the staff are the same. My family love this hotel and I know why as I do too.
Thank you Alison and John for making us feel so welcome and our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: I have stayed in all areas, l am happy with each one.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank margaret010
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Been a while - but I had a welcome return to this quirky hotel recently - and it didn't disappont. Staff as friendy as ever, rooms as comfortable and stay as enjoyable. I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone in the area.
Rooms have DVD players, ipod docks, internet connection ...everything you'd expect from a top class hotel!
Since my last stay you can also borrow wellies and a jackets - so no excuse not to brave the great outdoors.

Room Tip: My personal preference is for rooms in the old building rather than 'next door' - but having...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank LincsPauline
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I don't see a better chioce for a business short stay at Yeovil.
For the same rate you can't find anything better.
Gym is really appreciated.
Rooms are big and clean. Wifi is free. Restourant is to be considered.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Pietro P
Reviewed November 28, 2013

West Coker is a charming village and the hotel looks in keeping but once inside you realise that it has been totally gutted leaving a very pleasant but modern interior. Some new builds can look stark but this has been designed and furnished by someone who has taste. The room and bathroom were quiet large with plenty of space. Outside it is well situated in the village and has a large car park. The restaurant was very pleasant and the food was good at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Summer Lodge
#1 of 2 in Evershot
9 mi away
Best Western Dorset Oborne the Grange Hotel

Been to Lanes Hotel? Share your experiences!