“Lovely setting”
Review of Lanes Hotel

Lanes Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Coker
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I return to Lanes because of the lovely setting, and gentle atmosphere.
A wide selection of food catering for all people's tastes, which is reasonably priced.
The service was ok, but I think they may have had some new waitresses on who need to learn how to speak to guests.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank GillB272

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed at Lanes a few times in the last 12 months and will continue to return. All the staff are very helpful and all of my requests have been met with enthusiasm. The apartments are amazing value for money. They are furnished to a very high standard and have all the comforts of home - a lounge, a fully fitted high spec kitchen, TV in the bathroom etc etc. There are many short walks to take near to the hotel and the feeling of being far away from the stress of the working day is evident. Life is at a slow pace in the village and this is reflected in the atmosphere in the hotel, but with a luxury twist. This hotel exceeded my expectations in terms of facilities and the restaurant is faultless - a nice beer and great food. I'm going back.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the furnished apartments which are all excellent and very spacious
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Ken B
Reviewed November 10, 2012

If you want a friendly, unpretentious owner run hotel this is it. The owner runs it in a very discreet but hands on manner and I am convinced this is the key to its success. It is clean, friendly, and just fantastic value. They really give themselves a fighting chance. I

have stayed at many wonderful hotels in many wonderful places and it is so pleasing to see that a small, independent British hotel can hit the high bench mark. Oh, and it has goats at the bottom of the garden, they are just mad! Go there, it is fantastic value.

Room Tip: There are some rooms in the old house and more in the new wing. They are all good.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PaulBMarlow
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed here a few times for work. It is a lovely hotel, in a wonderful setting. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I have stayed in both the apartment and a hotel room in the annex, the hotel room was great, but the apartment was fab! Room service and breakfast also great. Only small issues was the mobile signal for Orange was poor in annex I had to stand outside to get reception (not hotels fault) but made it difficult trying to contact colleagues.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Claire22Blue
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment here before my wedding which was being held nearby. The rooms are great and the staff couldn't be more helpful. I had an early start and they left breakfast for us in our apartment so that we wouldn't miss out. We had manicures in the spa which were great and very reasonable. Having eaten in the restaurant, I would recommend that too. It really was the perfect start to my wedding and I hope to return in the future!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LondonTraveller13
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights a fw weeks ago, we are used to 5star so I was a little aprehensive although the reviews and photos where promising.
What a wonderful place this is; it has an impressive entrance, a great spa (massages are to die for) and a gym. The rooms are much better than 3 star; (bed comfy, everything clean and every thoughtful addition catered for; even the mini bar is complimentary; thats a first anywhere!) Nice decor in rooms and wonderful in common areas, great champagne bar, absolutely 5star food and bar! We had read a previous review where someone complained about paying ofr the peanuts at the bar; well they must have listened because you dont have to now! If we go back to this area we will ALWAYS stay here, the owner is meticulous with her management and nothing is too much trouble (I have spcial dietry needs; no problem), we had a dinner bed and breakfast deal and there was no limit on what you could have from the menu at no extra cost. I have no idea why this isn't a higher star, something to do with their reception desk being in the front longe; big deal!
Can't say more except go and enjoy; you won't be disappointed! Only one negative for me; i like a soft pillow so if you do too; take your own.

Room Tip: we had a room 'next door' which means you can walk to the spa in your robe and would also be...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TinaSurreyUK
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We (two couples) stayed in the largest apartment at the hotel. There was ample space in the apartment and the hotel's facilities and food were excellent. Best of all were the welcoming and friendly staff. We would stay there again even though we have relatives nearby. It is excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
The Manor
The Manor
#10 of 13 in Yeovil
The Mount Somerset Hotel

Been to Lanes Hotel? Share your experiences!