“Innthesquare”
Review of Inn The Square

Inn The Square
Ranked #1 of 1 West Coker B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have eat mainly on a Sunday afternoon for the fabulous roast late afternoon. The roast has always had 3 different meats and plenty of veg with generous portions of both. My wife is a Vegetarian and Rob the Owner and head chef has always made her something special, which she has enjoyed and trust me she is fussy and particular about her veggie food. We have also been during the week and along with the Sundays have alwsys found the prices very reasonable. The staff are very friendly and helpful which reflects in the fact lots of the locals use this quaint Restaurant.
I can throughly recommend this lovely eatery to everyone. Oh just to say they are very good with little ones and wecome young families.
5 star in my mind.
I live locally and will be there this Sunday and many more to come.
ADRIAN

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
333AllieB, Owner at Inn The Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

So glad you and your family enjoy dining with us,we really do appreciate your repeat custom.Allie

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Ate at pubs but never stayed at one and wasn't sure what to expect. The biggest surprise was the extent to which Allie, Jo and others went to not only meet our needs, but also to make us feel like family and like we were at home. Our sense was that the staff attempts to mirror your personality. Tend to keep to yourself? They leave you alone. Want to Skittle or play a guitar, they are right with you. Stayed for six nights in rooms 4 and 5. All rooms are uniquely different and have their own charm, so don't be shy about askikng to see which ever are available before making your choice. The included breakfast is over the top, Allie stating, "If we don't have what you like today we will try and have it by tomorrow". Have an early departure before they normally open, no problem, they adjust to your schedule. Have an idea of how to improve the rooms in any reasonable way, no problem, the next day your ideas materialize. If you want glass and chrome, go elsewhere. If you want an experience you won't forget, try Inn The Square.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words Terry.It was a pleasure having you and Mike stay with us from across the pond.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Spent 4 nights here while visiting a friend in the village. We had room 3, which was up a set of stone steps that I found a bit difficult, but an elderly couple were also staying and had booked the ground floor room. Room was very spacious, spotless and well furnished; the bed was the comfiest we have ever had. Fluffy towels were replaced daily, but the hot chocolate was not, which was a shame (himself had snaffled them both!). The breakfast was superb, all freshly cooked and hot at whatever time we wanted it; it was served in the bar, but as there is no smoking any more, it did not feel as though we were eating in a pub - the radio played and the fire was lit, it was just lovely. What really makes this such a great place though, are the wonderful staff and Allie The Magnificent, for whom nothing is too much trouble. Will be visiting the area again in the future and would book here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
333AllieB, Owner at Inn The Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you Jean and Steve for your kind words, it was a pleasure having you stay. ps sorry about the hot chocolate cash and carry were out of stock ,I've since purchased two boxes just in case!! and will definitely make sure we have plenty in on your return.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We ate there last night and they were totally packed, the service was excallent, as was the quality of food and the speed of service would highly recomend the menu is very broad and the bar has a good selection we will be back agan very good thanks

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This venue has recently reopened after several years of closure. I don't know why but I expected it to have a more modern and 'restaurant' feel but actually it's very 'pubby'. The basic menu is typical pub standards. There is no steak for the smaller appetite. I couldn't eat a ribeye and wouldn't pay £23 for fillet in this kind of venue.
My friend and I both chose from the specials menu. We waited quite along time but when it arrived it was beautifully presented. Someone had really taken care. Sadly my meal was only just warm enough to be acceptable. A smear of delicious parsnip purée was cold. I considered asking for the meal to be warmed up but my duck breast would then have been overlooked so I ate it. The plate was also cold which didn't help matters.
On top of this both of us commented that we were cold.
I probably will not return. We are lucky enough to have a wealth of eating places to choose from that I feel are better than this.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mandlp
333AllieB, Owner at Inn The Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Mandip We are very sorry that your visit to Inn the Square did not meet your expectations.Our staff would have done everything possible to correct your concerns at the time had they been aware of this unfortunate situation.I can only offer my sincere apologies and invite you to contact us and ask to speak to either Rob or Lisa so we can hopefully be given the chance to rectify this mistake.We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and to date have very many returning happy customers, it would be nice to think that given the opportunity again, you could be one of them.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed in a beautiful double bedroom following my Christmas party and didn't want to leave! The room was luxurious - more 5* hotel than B&B and had everything I could have wished for and more. Gorgeous bed, fab ensuite and the breakfast was amazing - can't recommend enough - especially for such a reasonable price!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Emily M
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a very enjoyable evening meal here a couple of weeks ago with our son and his partner. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Great value for money and the service was excellent. We will definitely be back. We only had a meal, so cannot comment on the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
White Hart Hotel Martock
The Masons Arms
The Masons Arms
#1 of 1 in Odcombe

Been to Inn The Square? Share your experiences!