“Lovely spot for a casual meal!”

Parkdale Beach Cafe and Kiosk
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Parkdale
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely spot for a casual meal!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is becoming a favourite little brekkie, lunch or teatime spot for us and the kids. A little on the pricey side for a cafe, but we feel the great views, good quality food and service make it worth a visit! A great relaxed feel, we wish there was more of this type of cafe along the beach.

Visited February 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Overpriced for a beachside cafe”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Overall quite disappointed with the visit today. We went as a group of 5. I ordered the poached egg with salmon., grilled asparagus and salsa verde which surprisingly came without bread. The waitress was quick to take ''an order'' of sourdough bread which was good upselling but quite cheeky as far as I'm concerned as I've never had to order bread with what is traditionally a breakfast dish. The egg was small and the yolk was not as yellow as I'd expect a free range egg to be. Overall for $18 I felt the dish was extremely overpriced for a cafe. Then to make matters worse, the friend who paid, noticed that the staff member who accepted the payment put the tip straight into their own wallet. A bit strange- the view is great but the temperature inside was uncomfortable and humid- no doors or windows were open. Monte Coffee was good and the cakes looked fresh but that's as far as I'd go- I wouldn't eat here again......

• Visited December 2012
“Just Delightful!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

A friend and I decided on Parkdale Beach Kiosk for a quick bite for lunch one recent sunny winters day and we were delighted with our choice. We could have sat inside where a welcoming fireplace warmed the patrons but we grabbed a spot out doors along a shared bench facing the bay. What a gorgeous view! The sun quickly warmed up our chilled Melbourne bones while we pondered the menu. I decided on Atlantic Salmon with salad ($23.50) and my friend tried the Eggs Florentine ($16.50) wanting more of a brunch than lunch. The young waitresses were attentive and we didn’t have to wait long for our meals.

So lunch with a drink each came in at just under $50.00, perhaps a little pricey but the outdoor setting with that beautiful view made it well worth it.

• Visited July 2012