“Five wonderful nights.........”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madera Canyon
Chuparosa Inn Bed and Breakfast
Santa Ana, California
“Five wonderful nights.........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Once again this sweet B and B provided a comfortable get-a-way for us. We love this B and B for its quiet and private space, but also for its location as a great jumping off point for our daily hikes, bike rides and birding adventures! Hosts, Luis and Nancy are always so welcoming and provide little touches that make us feel so at home. Luis' breakfasts were just delicious! We will return!

Room Tip: We've stayed in several of the rooms through the years, but the Hummingbird Suite is perfect as...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Degerhamn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here by chance, after striking up a conversation with one of the owners while I was watching their hummingbirds. And I am really glad I did! A really charming place and especially well situated for birdwatchers and nature lovers of any kind. The owners/hosts are most welcoming. I was supposed to stay in the Birdnest room but it wasn´t completely ready for occupancy so I got to stay in the very posh Trogan suite. The suite had a bedroom, bathroom, completely outfitted kitchen, clothes washer/dryer and a comfortable sitting area. Even if one isn´t a birdwatcher, just watching the comings and goings of the many hummingbirds to the numerous feeders is a sight worth enjoying. I really wished that my husband had been there to enjoy the stay with me - guess we will have to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ECP135
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was our second visit to Chuparosa Inn. Both times we stayed prior to hiking Mt. Wrightson. This time we stayed after the hike, also. We were almost sorry to have the hike (even if it is our favorite AZ hike) get in the way of our time at this fabulous B&B! The ambience is second to none. The flowers, plants, birds butterflies, wildlife--all are definitely attractions--but the hospitality of Luis and Nancy, the beautifully appointed and comfortable rooms, design of the outdoor areas to enhance the serenity if the canyon...I can't say enough good things--oh yes, the yummy breakfast that you can eat at your leisure...We will be back and next time to just relax!

Room Tip: All are lovely!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

You don't have to be a birder to enjoy this nice House situated right on the stream-bed just before the end of the road in Madera Canyon. We were more than comfortable and it was fun to get to know the other guests. Hope to see Luis and Nancy on our next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at the Chuparosa Inn for 3 nights in May 2013. We were birding in and around the Madera Canyon area and used this as our home base. There is absolutely nothing negative I could possibly say about our stay. We stayed in the Bird Nest room. It was clean and had everything you would need, even books about birding to read! The property itself is breathtaking. Plenty of birds come to the feeders that are set up around the inn. The breakfast was a nice touch. The owner's are very nice. I locked us out of the room once and Nancy was quick to let me back in. If you are going to be in this area and need a place to stay I would highly recommend the Chuparosa.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lomita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I and and another couple planned a birding tour through SE Arizona and ended our trip with a few days at Chuparosa. Good choice! Luis is extremely knowledgeable about the birds & wildlife and Nancy will do everything/anything to make you feel well tended. Rooms comfortable (and everything works!), great breakfast quiche, yogurt parfait, milk and juice, cereal and more in fridge to start day, and the location is perfect; walk uphill to hike Madera Canyon, stay onsite for hummingbirds and more, or walk down to Santa Rita or Kubo to take in the hummer shows there. Ask Luis to leave up a feeder at night and watch the amazing bat show!

Room Tip: The Trogon room is the most spacious-not a lot of space in some others.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Martin B
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is truly a one of a kind property. I have to say this place is made for birders, but we are not. All I can say on that is that there were birds I've never seen in my life. Located at the very end of Madera Canyon it's so quiet and peaceful soon you become putty. One of the most relaxing places I've ever been. The property has four rooms with separate entrances for each room on the ground level. The cowboy room and bird nest are the two most private of the four rooms. But the other two rooms are a bit more spacious and are very nice too.We stayed in the cowboy room and had a little table outside our room. The breakfast is tasty, my husband's favorite was the fruit parfait. I'm dairy intolerant but it did look yummy!!! They had raisin bran dispenser in the room and they provided some yummy baked goods every day.

We took mountain bikes and tried the Elephant Head Mountain Bike trail. It's a difficult trail, lots of rocks. Next time we're going to explore the Santa Rita Experimental Range on our bikes or go over to the Whipple Observatory by bike. I'm not too much into single track anyway. The hiking is excellent, when you can just leave your car and walk right out of your room to more than half dozen trail heads I think that pretty cool.

I loved it!!!

Room Tip: The owners showed us the Trogon room. It has a bigger kitchen, full size refrigerator, washer and dr...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn Green Valley
#5 of 5 in Green Valley
Spirit Tree Inn Bed and Breakfast
Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort

Been to Chuparosa Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!