This is my only negative hotel review in 72 reviews (so im not a complainer)
I stayed in the Garden room for 3 nights. The bed is literally 2 twin mattresses pushed together covered with a queen sheet. It was OK for me, but for more than one person it would have been super weird. The breakfast was just OK. The location is AMAZING, right on a beautiful beach.
I booked this hotel on Expedia. Expedia usually takes the payment when the reservation is made, but it didnt with this hotel. When I checked in, I told them that it was prepaid with Expedia (as always) and they said yes. Well it turns out that it wasnt, and they didnt let me know until I was walking out the door. I had no way to verify whether I was double paying or not, but I gave them my card again, knowing that I could dispute it if Expedia had pre-charged me. At that point I found out why they dont take the money upfront, because they charge a 12% IVA and 10% "service charge." What is a service charge???? Is it a tip??? Whatever it is, it should be included in the price or at least they need to disclose what the REAL price is when you book. These guys are sneaky!
I understand that Galapagos is expensive and im not complaining about the price. Im complaining that they werent honest with the price upfront. It is insulting to your customers if you tell them a cheaper price and then add 22% on the back end when they walk out the door! I have traveled most of Latin America and the vast majority of hotels are upfront with their prices.
This hotel needs to quote their customers the price that it charges them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marita’s house is a first class hotel in which you can enjoy the natural charms of Isabela Island, because it is located on the white sands of Puerto Villamil, offering an incomparable view of the colorful beaches of Galapagos Islands. Marita’s house combines harmonically the standards of the best quality hotels with a cozy familiar, hospitality to offer a pleasant and comfortable stay. Quality and warmth characterizes the services of lodging, restaurant and recreation that Marita’s house offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your La Casa de Marita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa De Marita Hotel Puerto Villamil
- La Casa De Marita Galapagos Islands/Isabela, Ecuador