This was our third choice hotel and even with that, we had to stay across the street in the hotel's annex...Beware! I get that I'm on an island that has no water, no paved roads and no services but when I'm paying for a room, I do expect it to look clean, have a closet, warm water; (forget about hot), have fresh bedding and some attempt at decor and no bugs! I guess my list was too long for this establishment. On the plus side, the main lodge is welcoming and the courtyard has character, the staff is helpful, and the beach is ok. The cleaners changed our towels and tried to clean but they can't erase the overall lack of attention and disrepair to the facilities. We had two rooms with furniture that one couldn't give away at a garage sale, there was no place to hang anything and we enjoyed the bugs crawling up the walls which was to be remedied by a "plug-in" contraption. The floor might have been more comfortable than the beds. We had to use a small tree outside one room to hang wet clothes. The bugs must have followed us to the breakfast buffet, because they were on the table there, too. The showers only offered a few minutes of warm before the cold water hit...We tried to have dinner upon arrival at the hotel but they couldn't seem to find a table for us in the empty restaurant so we walked to "town" and ate there every night, which was totally fine with us. We tried to leave early and our agent contacted the owner who refused to offer a refund for our last night. There is a lot to see on Isabela, but not so many choices hotel choices here, so if you can't get a room at Iguana Crossing or Isabela Lodge; come back when you can or save yourself some money and pitch a tent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marita’s house is a first class hotel in which you can enjoy the natural charms of Isabela Island, because it is located on the white sands of Puerto Villamil, offering an incomparable view of the colorful beaches of Galapagos Islands. Marita’s house combines harmonically the standards of the best quality hotels with a cozy familiar, hospitality to offer a pleasant and comfortable stay. Quality and warmth characterizes the services of lodging, restaurant and recreation that Marita’s house offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Casa de Marita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa De Marita Hotel Puerto Villamil
- La Casa De Marita Galapagos Islands/Isabela, Ecuador