Some people do moan on these reviews so here is my honest review; Location - beautiful; on the beach - we had a little sealion play in the sea with us yards from our room (it played with us not the other way round - you should never touch/approach the wildlife!), marine iguanas on the rocks, it's 5 minutes from town and a 5 minute walk from the port. Service is good, food was good. Room was spacious. I did get the feeling that they were trying to fill the role of a fancy hotel when it would really work better as a boutique B&B but it still worked. Room was clean and fresh - we were in Blanca. Not a great wifi signal in the room; maybe because there it was not in the main building. Also remember to take plenty of cash to the island as we found no way of getting more the weekend we were there and although we could pay the room on a creditcard we had to ration ourselves with meals etc elsewhere! Not the hotel's fault though. Overall very nice a worth visiting the island to compare with the more bustling Santa Cruz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marita’s house is a first class hotel in which you can enjoy the natural charms of Isabela Island, because it is located on the white sands of Puerto Villamil, offering an incomparable view of the colorful beaches of Galapagos Islands. Marita’s house combines harmonically the standards of the best quality hotels with a cozy familiar, hospitality to offer a pleasant and comfortable stay. Quality and warmth characterizes the services of lodging, restaurant and recreation that Marita’s house offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your La Casa de Marita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa De Marita Hotel Puerto Villamil
- La Casa De Marita Galapagos Islands/Isabela, Ecuador