“A Great, Affordable way to see the Galapagos!”
Review of Scuba Galapagos

Scuba Galapagos
More attraction details
Owner description: We are delighted to have the opportunity of hosting you. Our main and most important goal is to provide a safe, friendly, efficient and professional service that will make your naturalist cruise visit to Galapagos a very enjoyable, pleasant and memorable experience.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I were set up with the Encantada through the travel agency called Happy Gringo, who I also gave an excellent review. The Encantada was a well maintained sailboat that had room for about 12 guests and then about 6 crew members; so very small. Despite the tight squeeze, we had awesome ship mates on our week and the crew did an amazing job. They taught us a lot about the islands and life at the Galapagos, they were very clean and organized, they let us enjoy ourselves, and they made some pretty good food. My husband and I didn't want anything fancy, we just wanted to relax and learn all there is to learn about the animals and the life which is exactly what they did for us. I would definitely book them again if I ever wanted to do a trip back there for longer than a week, which is possible because we loved it that much.
The only con: I injured myself snorkeling, (as dumb as that sounds), but a wave pushed me into a rock and I think it cracked my knuckle because it didn't heal for over two months. But initially, I had an open wound on my hand that would not close and the ship did nothing to assist in something that probably needed that glue stuff you can use to close wounds, (or a stitch or two since it took hours for it to stop bleeding and weeks until it would close up.) SO THE POINT IS, like any traveling experience, bring your own first aid kit which I luckily had and was able to prevent infection the next week when I was hiking to Machu Picchu.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I did a five day cruise. We don't really like guided things and normally just do everything ourselves. But this was really really good.

1. Cool boat. Not full of really old people. Not too big either - only 12 people
2. Amazing food.
3. Juan the guide is just a lovely man, knows a lot. And gets the balance absolutely right about information/fun.

end of review. Max

1  Thank MaxRushden
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My first experience sailing and I don´t have words to describe it. A dream come true. The crew in Encatada boat were very nice, the kindness of Almir the Captain, the barman, the chef five starts, the second captain, Cristian and of course Juan the guide. Everything was very well organised keeping with the schedule but with time for the improvisation. The atmosphere was familiar and the boat was clean, without luxury but very comfortable.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We spent 15 days on the Encantada and it was awesome. The staff was great and Juan (our guide) was amazing and really knowledgeable. It was the best trip I've ever been on and they made it go smoothly. My travel partner at the time was vegan (no meat or dairy) and they were very accomodating. My advice would be to bring your own snorkel gear if you don't want to pay a lot to rent theirs. We did all of the stops that they offer in the islands and they were all great. The rooms are small but nice enough and the boat is well kept with lots of character.

1  Thank Kurt W
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Pros:
- Very helpful and informative staff when booking
-guide who spoke excellent English and was informative and friendly
-felt in good hands by the staff even in rough seas
-boat was the newest in the docks
-packed lunch was fulfilling and really good compared to other companies
-free wetsuit included in price
-captain stopped to let us see all the turtles and manta rays on the way
Cons
-too rough to get into the actual tunnels and super disappointed in the secondary snorkeling spot, visibility was poor due to the rough seas.. although tour company cant control the weather we probably shouldn't have gone out that day or perhaps could have had half our money reimbursed as it was an expensive $80 tour and we didn't see much :(