“Who needs an expensive cruise when you can see so much here?”
Review of Las Tintoreras

Las Tintoreras
Book In Advance
More Info
$230.00*
and up
Full-Day Tour Isabela and Tintoreras
Reviewed March 3, 2016

Had a sea lion playfully dart between my flippers (swimming around me), saw a shark below me, multiple sea turtles... penguins, beautiful fish, blue-footed boobies and red-throated frigate birds, even a swimming iguana in the water!

All reviews
"galapagos wildlife"
"on the rocks"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed February 24, 2016

We knew Isabela was expensive, so you need to shop around before buying a tour. Finally we paid 40 USD per adult, 35 USD for a 9 years old and 25 USD for a 6 years old. After a short boat ride during which we saw penguins and boobies we arrive on an island and had a walk. There were marine iguanas and some crabs. The sharks were not there, because the tide was high and they are there only when the tide is low..... Why they do not say that when you buy the tour??? On the way back we snorkel, but the visibility was not so good. I saw some penguins swimming close to me and my husband saw a turtle. You get a snack, water and juice. All in all I am happy we did that tour, but I think it is not worth the money :o(

1  Thank DoroWitch
Reviewed February 20, 2016

There are several of these tours daily, so it can be booked once you arrive on Isabele Island. The trip over to the Tintoreas Isle is short and the guide takes you on a nice walk around the Isle. We was marine iguanas swimming and fighting (for the top of the rock). We also saw sea turtles on shore. The snorkeling was nice with sighting of stingrays, sea turtles and even one white tip shark. The "shark" tunnel wasn't being used when we visited, but I still would recommend the tour.
Check your rented gear before you leave the shop, our group had a couple of leaking masks and one rented wetsuit failed. I would recommend bringing your own mask and snorkel if you can, but it is easy to rent. Renting a wetsuit makes the trip a bit more enjoyable.

Reviewed February 13, 2016 via mobile

This was an afternoon trip, about a 5 minute boat ride from the port. You walk around on a lava landform and then snorkel. We did get to snorkel with a juvenile sea lion which was pretty special. Other than that, I don't believe it was that unique.

1  Thank bjsDenverCO