“Great guides, great tour, don't miss out!”
Review of Los Tuneles

and up
6-Day Galapagos Land Tour: Los Tuneles Program
Type: Other
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This tour is on the pricey side, but well worth it. The walking tour was amazing. The boobies were dancing and calling, and it was cool to see the cactus growing out of the rocks in the middle of the ocean. While snorkeling, we saw a ton of sharks sleeping and even got to swim with one, along with a bunch of turtles, a school of surgeonfish, parrotfish, lots of other fish, stingrays, etc. We highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Tori Z
There are newer reviews for Los Tuneles

Reviewed August 28, 2013

One of the best place to go snorkeling around Isabela island. Take time to swim and dive into the caves to observe sharks. You'll see wonderful turtles and manta rays as well. Wear a good wetsuit (full one if possible) if you're going in summer (around July-August, winter for them) because after more than an hour in the water you'll be freezing, but it's worth it!
You can go with "Rosedelco S.A.", agency just at the corner after the jetty, they have a really good guide. You can contact them at gatotourisabela@gmail.com or mancar_72@hotmail.com.

2  Thank Chloe C
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this day trip. As divers, we don't snorkel often- but this was a nice experience.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you go to Villamil this is the one activity that is an absolute must do!

I went alone as my boyfriend does not like snorkelling and the group I went with made me very welcome.

I loved every second of this trip. We saw so much wildlife and it was amazing! We saw penguins on the rocks in the sea and the guides allowed us a long time to take photos and the captain got the boat as close as possible.

We saw sharks, giant turtles, sea lions and much more when we were snorkelling and we saw turtles swimming by and blue footed boobies when we stopped for a walk on the rocks in the area where you cannot snorkel.

There are two places that you snorkel on this trip, one is in the actual tunnels and that is fun swimming under them, the other is another area where there are a lot of sharks and turtles.

As always it depends what wildlife is around but I have not heard of anyone going on this trip and not seeing anything!

When you go to the actual tunnels the captain has to surf the boat into the area which is really good fun! However because of this if you are seasick I suggest taking a tablet before you go to stop that because it can be bumpy.

1  Thank Beau2010
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Pick your day carefully, and if you are nervous don't go when there is a large swell. The boats basically "surf" into the tunnels area across the large waves, and it's a bit scary. Our captain inspired confidence and we were on a good sized boat with two 100 HP Yamaha engines. I saw smaller more crowded boats, and I think it could be frightening waiting for the right wave on these. Coming out was relatively easy. The trip out was great, with many, many manta rays, the boat slowed down so we could view them. We went for an interesting walk in the tunnels area, with many nesting blue-footed boobies and chicks. I didn't see anyone snorkeling in the tunnels. We went to an area close by with smaller waves, and lots of turtles. We snorkeled with the biggest green turtles I have ever seen. Most of the group were more interested in sharks, so we spent lot of time viewing about 10 white-tipped reef sharks in a pool. For me, the turtle made it, and there were so many you should be guaranteed to snorkel with one. Some of the others rated it the best snorkeling in the Galapagos (including Kicker Rock) . I'm not so sure as it was a bit murky. It might be better with an individual guide so can choose to spend time with the turtles or the sharks (I think it's about $300 for a group of up to 5, compared to $75 per person to join a group). Not suitable if you are nervous of the sea, the trip out is about an hour and the swell can be large.

1  Thank TripAway7