All reviews infinity pool tortoise breeding center water conservation hot tub isabela island beautiful hotel marine iguanas few seconds pink flamingos crossing the road ceviche best hotel on the island ocean front ahead of time luxury hotel lobby area santa cruz
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at Iguana Crossing for 3 glorious days. It's beautiful, clean, modern, right on the beach. The rooms are comfortable. Each room has its own balcony. The beds are soft and comfortable. Delicious breakfastes are served each morning. After our excursions, we would walked the beaches. Since the hotel is at the end, you can continue walking along the beaches that extends 5/6 miles. Or you can turn right and follow the wooden walkway leading to a series of lagoons that flamingoes stay in. At the end is the Tortoise Conservation Center. Makes a delightful round trip. Iguana Crossing lies along one of the main streets which is a delight to walk up and down on. We loved our stay and you will too!

Date of stay: August 2019
Mauricio1959, General Manager at Iguana Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear guest

We really appreciate your comment, thank you so much. We are glad to know your stay at Iguana Crossing, as we say there is nothing better than being sorrounded by nature and confort.

We will make sure to keep improving our service and we hope you to come back and talk to your family and friends about us.

Best regards,

Iguana Crossing Staff

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

From top to bottom this hotel was great: Location right at end, secluded but next to flamingos and iguanas and short walk to town; quiet; staff service excellent!

I did not stay anywhere else, but would say it is heads and tails the best on Isabela.

Date of stay: August 2019
PSC1986, Sales Executive at Iguana Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Michael,

Thanks for your comment, we really appreciate it.

It is always our pleasure to assist and serve our guests; We hope you come back to the Paradise Islands soon.

Kindest regards,
Iguana Crossing Team

Reviewed July 10, 2019 via mobile

I wanted to like this hotel more and the pros are the location with the iguanas and flamingo lagoon in sight. It is also en route to Los Humedales which you can reach if you hire a mountain bike elsewhere. We had a decent sized room overlooking the pool area (sea view) with eco shower and a couple of English channels on the TV (National Geographic and another). The service was a bit sleepy, spelling mistakes on the food menu were not what I expected of the best hotel on the island. They could try harder with the breakfast, I felt it was lacking for quality produce. I was disappointed at the room next door being re-designed during my stay meaning that I could not nap during the day due to drills and the loud noise of furniture being moved around. Staff should really check in with how the clients stay was at the end, they didn’t ask and I left unsatisfied. Something as simple as asking when I would be out that day and doing the work to the room when I was not next door would have been appreciated. The island itself was really interesting, probably worth spending less on another hotel as you will be out and active in the day time.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank rachellelily7
Mauricio1959, General Manager at Iguana Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Dear guest

We thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write us, we are going to consider your suggestions and recommendations in order to improve your services.

Best Regards

Reviewed July 2, 2019

We really enjoyed or stay here. Clean, nice, spacious rooms, amazing location right on the beach with iguanas on one side and flamingos on the other. The restaurant has good food and it's an easy walk into town.

Room tip: Try for ocean view.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear guest

We appreciate your comments, thank you for your time.

Best Regards

Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

Looking at some of the previous reviews, I wonder if I even stayed in the same Hotel. How anybody can fault this hotel is beyond my imagination. Particularly when you compare it to the other offerings on the island.

Yes, the management gives you rules. But it's all in the sense of conservation. Everybody was very friendly and helpful. I fell and hurt my knee and they provided me with a constant supply of ice for it.

Yes the shower is a pain in the neck, but if you do it correctly you can take a warm shower wash your hair and be very comfortable.

If you want five star luxury, go to Miami Beach!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest

Thank you for your comments, we really appreciate them. As you noticed we are an eco friendly hotel, and the requests we have are the least we can do to try to conserve the nature sorrounded us.

In Iguana Crossing Hotel, we are always trying to improve, our goal is to keep our recognition as excelence in service, not just for the recognition itself but for the importance of our guests to us.

Once again thank you so much, we would appreciate if you recommend us with your family and friends.

Best regards