Our stay at Iguana Crossing was, sadly, very disappointing. After making reservations months in advance, upon arrival our pre-paid reservation length was questioned even after producing email confirmation. When shown to our room on the ground floor- steps from the bar- we noticed the ceiling was dripping onto one of the beds. We immediately brought this to the attention of the manager. He assured us this would be fixed. They could not move us as the owner had filled the other rooms with his friends to celebrate his birthday. We walked into town and returned after dinner. The leak/drip was not fixed. They just pulled the bed away from the wall. No, I am not joking. We were exhausted and went to sleep with the drip, drip, drip all night onto the tile floor.
We stayed away from the hotel all day with snorkeling and hiking and also because the hotel was full of the owners friends and relatives who had taken over the common and pool areas. It was very loud and uncomfortable. I am not sure why they took our reservation if a party was planned. We left after the second night and stayed elsewhere- . The leak was never fixed. The ceiling dripped our entire visit. We were never approached by the owner or manager to offer any solutions. The island of Isabela is beautiful and I am sad we had such a bad experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Crossing is Isabela's newest and most innovative hotel. Its minimalist design and superior service offer guests a privileged experience on this scarcely populated island. Iguana Crossing is located in between Isabela's extensive white sand beaches and directly behind a wildlife-filled lagoon. Iguana Crossing offers an oceanfront swimming pool, Jacuzzi, 12 fully equipped rooms and a master suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Iguana Crossing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Crossing Hotel Puerto Villamil
- Iguana Crossing Galapagos Islands/Isabela, Ecuador