My family and I spent 5 days at this boutique 'home-away-from-home' hotel at magical Isabela Island and we had a great stay.
The hotel's located a few steps away from an amazing beach. One night, we walked to the beach at low tide and discovered many tide-pools. There was a large bird pecking on a few Sally Light-foot crabs and also spotted an octopus, changing into its camou-mode. This was an unique experience, especially for my 10yr old daughter.
There's a nice surf spot along the beach to the right of the hotel. Surfboards can be rented from Casa Rosada a few steps from the hotel. We also rented bicycles from a guy in town and cycled from the hotel, through the National Park to the Wall of Tears each morning. There are iguana's, many Darwin finches and a few land tortoises inside the park - a lovely ride.
The staff - FANTASTIC! Marcia, the manager is an absolute gem. She made every effort to accommodate us - even when we were low on cash (no ATM"s on the island). She can also arrange any tour from the hotel and it's private. Los Tuneles is a must see!
We had an ocean-view room with a balcony, and the room was spacious and very clean. All the rooms have mosquito nets by the doors / windows. The bar / lounge area has a big glass window that overlooks the beach. I also found this was the best place for internet use. The infinity pool / deck area was my favorite place to chill-out when I was at the hotel. There's also a Middle-Eastern, sunken, covered lazy lounge area outside by the pool. The a hot-tub - you need to tell them 2 hours prior use is located on the top floor. The view from there is amazing!
The breakfast buffet was varied and fresh each morning. The menu for lunch, dinners are limited, and a bit pricey. I will say it's good food, but not great. However, my kids loved the milk-shakes and chocolate volcano dessert. We enjoyed cycling to town (5min) and enjoyed great dinners at some other restaurants. I highly recommend staying at this hotel. It's a great place to unwind and totally relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Crossing is Isabela's newest and most innovative hotel. Its minimalist design and superior service offer guests a privileged experience on this scarcely populated island. Iguana Crossing is located in between Isabela's extensive white sand beaches and directly behind a wildlife-filled lagoon. Iguana Crossing offers an oceanfront swimming pool, Jacuzzi, 12 fully equipped rooms and a master suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Iguana Crossing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Crossing Hotel Puerto Villamil
- Iguana Crossing Galapagos Islands/Isabela, Ecuador