We just returned from our honeymoon to the Galapagos islands and we stayed three nights at the Iguana Crossing hotel. The hotel is definitely an amazing place and was very relaxing for the last three nights of our honeymoon (we wish we could have stayed longer). We stayed in room 12, which was very nice and clean and had an amazing view. We only wish it had had a balcony, but still we were very happy. The hotel itself is a great facility in a great location. It is located next to the start of the trail that leads to the turtle breeding ground and is on the road that leads to the Wall of Tears. It is also very close to the Casa Rosada bar/hotel which has an awesome happy hour.
Iguana Crossing is depicted perfectly in the pictures on tripadvisor and the hotel website. The pool and deck area are beautiful, and the hot tub and lounge area on the top offer spectacular views. The bar area and restaurant are very nice as well with comfortable lounge chairs.
The food was excellent at the hotel - we loved the daily breakfast the hotel provided (which somehow we didn't know was included...so an extra bonus for us!) and the lunch and dinner meals we ate there were delicious. The ceviche was fresh and tasty, and my chicken apassionato was great.
The service at the hotel was also top notch - Daniel, Jackie, and Marie were extremely helpful in catering to anything we needed while we were there. Daniel also had complimentary wine sent up for us since it was our honeymoon, which was a classy touch. I talked a bit with Daniel about San Isabela island, and it was very interesting to hear about the delicate balance between developing the island and preserving its fragile ecosystem. I was also very impressed to find out that Daniel spoke english, french and some italian.
We liked Santa Cruz Island, but the laid back vibe and setting of San Isabela & Iguana Crossing was exactly what we were looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Crossing is Isabela's newest and most innovative hotel. Its minimalist design and superior service offer guests a privileged experience on this scarcely populated island. Iguana Crossing is located in between Isabela's extensive white sand beaches and directly behind a wildlife-filled lagoon. Iguana Crossing offers an oceanfront swimming pool, Jacuzzi, 12 fully equipped rooms and a master suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Iguana Crossing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Crossing Hotel Puerto Villamil
- Iguana Crossing Galapagos Islands/Isabela, Ecuador