Stayed for 2 nights in July '12. Large, new, rooms with a balcony overlooking the ocean. Slept with the balconydoor open to enjoy the sound of the waves breaking.
The concierge ( Daniel, I believe ) really went out of his way to deliver a great experience, giving fair opinions on tours, helping out with flight booking etc.
On the roof there is a hot tub overlooking the ocean, great way to unwind after a day if hiking!
Only downside was that the shower worked with an auto stop, which in out room was after about 1 second of releasing the button. I understand the point of conserving fresh water, but at $300 a night i want to make that choice myself, rather than being forced to by the facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Crossing is Isabela's newest and most innovative hotel. Its minimalist design and superior service offer guests a privileged experience on this scarcely populated island. Iguana Crossing is located in between Isabela's extensive white sand beaches and directly behind a wildlife-filled lagoon. Iguana Crossing offers an oceanfront swimming pool, Jacuzzi, 12 fully equipped rooms and a master suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Iguana Crossing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Crossing Hotel Puerto Villamil
- Iguana Crossing Galapagos Islands/Isabela, Ecuador