I totally agree with the review below. which i read before going and dismissed after talking with some of my friends who had been there. The location is nice, the food is great and not pricey, BUT:
- Grumpy is a feeble word to describe the attitude of the owner (who on the other hand is a very good cook). If you are into the accommodation business, learn to be accommodating and friendly with everybody (and not only repeat customers), or find somebody else to don't interfere with customers.
- Honestly, for the price we paid, which was 3500THB for a air con room, I was expecting way more in terms of facilities and (again) friendliness. I understand it was the beginning of the low season, and had to take out the facilities for kids, but then why do they charge high season prices?
All in all, not such a good experience. I will definitively go back to Koh Phayam, but will try PP if i want a middle/high end accommodation, or will stay at Lazy Hut on Ao Yai if i want low key.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beach of Buffalo Bay at Koh Phayam island and open all the year, our club offers guests of all ages the perfect destination, with spacious, comfortable, modern bungalows at a very affordable price. From family escapes to long stay opportunity for your retirement, our resort suits most travel tastes. We provide the privacy, services and amenities associated only with luxury resorts at very moderate prices for guests seeking quiet and relaxing beach holidays. We are only a small resort, located on an island without electricity, a good source of fresh water and limited supply of staff and logistics, so please don’t expect Club Med , when everything is included or Marriott Club service. We are private club and in pick season or some weeks our activities or tours organised only for club members.Our bungalows offer some of the finest accommodation on Koh Phayam island. 24 hours electricity, only 22 bungalows, all are with own balcony with chairs, fully furnished with stylish wooden teak furniture, modern amenities and offering the comforts for all budgets. We provide different rental prices for our bungalows – with or without full amenities and discount for long stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld and TripOnline SA so you can book your Buffalo Bay Vacation Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Bay Vacation Club Hotel Koh Phayam