I stayed 6 nights at Frog Beach House to do a Diving Course. Only the cheapest bungalows were still available, which was fine as we were not going to stay much in the room.
The place is very nice, very well located on the beach and when arriving, we just wanted to relax and enjoy your time with no stress.
So we stayed happy and positive despite some unpleasent surprises on arrival. Even when paying 400baths a night, we can expect to have minimum service:
- Not sheets with big blood stains on them
- Toilet paper in the bathroom (it is only provided to the most expensive bungalows. We had to buy ours from the shop)
- The outside bathroom at least cleaned before our arrival (we were in the jungle, so it was filled with leaves).
- A plug in the room to avoid having to walk all the way to reception to charge an alarm clock/phone when the electricity comes on. (the cheap bungalows are very far from the beach/reception)
6 days and we never complained about all this .... because we just wanted to enjoy and just see the good sides of Frog Beach House..
But when the owner literally kicks you out of her restaurant on the last day, saying that you are a "liar and a thief" because you accidentally packed up one of their towel, then you want to log on Trip Advisor and share your experience.
In all my travels, I have never been treated this way. She yelled at me, telling me I was stealing from her and that I had to get out of there. I am not exaggerating ... it was surreal! Reading other reviews, it's difficult to imagine how other travelers thought she was friendly. All through the week, we found her very unfriendly and also heard her being rude to other customers.
So one advice, even though the place can seem appealing, don't encourage such bad customer service, and find another place. As we heard, there are some great places on the island. Just don't pick Frog House.
Apart from that, the Island is great, the atmosphere really relaxing and it's definitely worth a visit! Frog House will be the only (very) dark part of my stay there...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Frog Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.